VMAX - Advisor Delivery Specialist ,Remote - Israel 02/11/2019
VMAX - Advisor Delivery Specialist
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Storage Specialist on our Delivery Specialists team.
Our Delivery Specialists are integral to getting things done for customers. When Dell is contracted to deliver services, anywhere around the world, Delivery Specialists make sure our innovative technical solutions meet specifications. They also plan, direct and coordinate the full range of organizational and technical activities required to deliver on our promises. Getting this right involves building up in-depth knowledge of clients’ priorities, challenges and initiatives as a trusted advisor. This also enables our team to identify potential sales opportunities. Together with colleagues in sales and Global SMEs, they develop strategic plans for account growth. The Delivery Specialist provides operational support and guidance to customers to support the management and use of EMC solutions. Responsible for performing a wide variety of daily storage management tasks as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient storage system use.
People make Dell ? so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company?
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of DELL EMC storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with DELL EMC. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of DELL EMC products
- Technical knowledge on various DELL EMC Storage products
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure
- Provides assistance to DELL EMC technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by DELL EMC best practice documentation
- Successfully manages relations with Customers utilizing negotiation and influencing skills to acquire the internal and external resources necessary for optimal results. May occasionally be called upon to act as a backup to the Project Manager or to provide team technical leadership on specific implementations
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with DELL EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations
- Represents DELL EMC in a professional manner to customers, DELL EMC Partners and other DEL EMC personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers
- Working on the customer site
- 3 + years technical consultancy or operations experience with strong storage experience
- Knowledge in storage, such as EMC VNX, VMAX, VPLEX (Advantage)
- Knowledge in scripting/programming with one or more of Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Java, etc. - Advantage
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
- Strong technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Remote Job ID: R90143
Related Job Opportunities
- Virtualization Specialist Israel
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.