Director, Strategic Alliances, Global System Integrators - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Juneau,Alaska
Alliance Director/ Global Alliance Leader, Global System Integrator (GSI)
This role will be a global leader for a designated GSI Partner(s) for the assigned partner for the GSI RTM. The Global Alliance Manager is responsible for leading the partner global plan which will include bookings, design wins, and enablement, leading joint technology and services initiatives. Establish priorities based on the overall business plan and make sure that these priorities are clearly transmitted and carried out by the team. Establish and maintain relationship across assigned partner portfolio. Proactively manage to business objectives and goals and report them in a monthly scorecard.
Develop and execute a business plan in conjunction with the system integrator. The role will be responsible for the entire opportunity lifecycle from: market assessment, account identification, account strategy related to the System Integrator & VMware joint solutions portfolio, resource identification, client interaction and customer satisfaction. Partnership with VMware and the system integrator direct sales force and client executives is also key to success. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of VMware products and the overall virtualization and cloud landscape.
- Lead the development of the global plan for Bookings, Design Wins, and Enablement across portfolio of alliances in region.
- Ensure successful execution of the plan. Develop and manage relationships with Alliance Partners and virtual team including sales, product/service development, marketing, and business development. Integration of VMware offerings across portfolio of alliance partnerships and Go to Market (GTM) Initiatives.
- Perform as a subject matter resource with a consultative approach, work in the areas of account planning, solution development, technical business enablement and process management, all within the context of alliance development, growth, and execution. Manage all escalations.
- Build and manage the executive relationships with the VMware practice SME’s/leaders/business units and global vertical leads within Partner. Build solid relationships with the Partner Ecosystem to increase VMware's and Partner’s revenues.
- Evangelize the GSI Route, as well as VMware products and GTM Solutions from our Alliance Partners.
- Construct Technical Plan in coordination with the Global Technical Account Management (RTAM) team, addressing broad and deep training and enablement plans and strategies that drive adoption of VMware products and solutions.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews between the VMware global sponsor, Partner executives, and VMware global virtual team. Drive performance, solution, and enablement aspects of the reviews. Facilitate QBRs, joint team alignment, and other engagement activities as needed.
- Lead communications with global and virtual team for knowledge transfer, best practice sharing, enablement, improvements.
- Direct & Influence Revenue
- Design Wins
- Enablement & Training
- Global Enablement Plan for the Partner
- Technical Accreditations and Certifications within GSI Ecosystem
• Set Joint Initiative strategy and direction via an annual business plan and work with the WW GSI team to ensure alignment
• Drive local sales execution in conjunction with area based direct sales and partner organization – hold accountability/responsibility for meeting/exceeding assigned quota
• Serve as the system integrator’s single point of contact for the Americas
• Work on client proposals, negotiating Teaming Agreements
• Oversee the creation and delivery of accurate weekly, quarterly, annual forecasts and account plans
Bachelor’s Degree and or equivalent experience, MBA Preferred.
- 10+ yrs of strategic alliances experience, preferably with/for GSI firms and strategic vendors; minimum global experience, global experience a plus.
- Technology domain knowledge across Multi-Cloud, Application Transformation, SD-Wan, Security, and Enterprise Transformation
- VMware product and technology experience is preferred.
- Consulting and or Professional Services experience is preferred.
- Experience building and managing solutions and enablement programs, including all program lifecycle aspects (such as building a business case, high-level architecture definition, resource plans, education/communication plan).
- He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required.
- Experience and skilled at driving results with a cross matrix team and influencing without authority.
- Strong knowledge of strategic outsourcing (SO) and systems integration (SI) business strategies as well as pursuit and delivery models highly desired.
- Working knowledge of ITaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and cloud computing and associated VMware Technologies and related competitive technologies, highly desired.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and possess excellent time management skills.
- The successful candidate will function independently to determine proper methods and procedures and supervise other personnel as part of the role.
- Program management experience desired.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107978