Manager, Revenue Operations - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Juneau,Alaska
This is an opportunity to lead! The manager will be part of the Revenue Operations Team and report to the Senior Manager, Revenue Operations. Revenue Operations is part of a wider Revenue Team comprising 100+ people.
Job Role and Responsibility
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have a great attention to detail, strong analytical skills with an ability to research and problem solve. The candidate will also have a proven interest in revenue accounting operations, reporting and systems.
Primary role will be understanding revenue accounting positions, managing reviews and investigations relating to system entries in accordance with company policies, managing revenue reporting, revenue accruals and reviewing system testing and providing guidance to analysts. VMware is a rapidly growing company with opportunity for learning and professional advancement.
- Support period end close activities, including system close, journal entries, reconciliations, BS and PL flux analyses, and presentations to management
- Support system data reviews for various revenue impact analyses including investigating anomalies and actioning conclusions in 5x (i.e. relative allocations carveouts for multiple element arrangements, revenue manager queries, system close queries etc.)
- Review unbilled SaaS revenue analyses and corresponding accruals and RPO
- Lead RevStream 5x system design and review related testing associated with projects, change requests, enhancements, and M&A activities
- Work closely with IT and BTA team to resolve system related matters
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and automating manual processes where possible
- Review of various reporting and disclosure requirements for 10Q and 10K filings
- Field questions from wider Revenue Team related to system & manual entries
- SME for revenue reporting tool (SAP BI) used by global revenue team to assist with reporting needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including technical accounting and product management team on new offerings and M&A activities impacting revenue accounting automation
- Review the work of RevStream Checklist Preparer’s timely to meet SOX deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in revenue/accounting with previous experience implementing new processes and operations
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw conclusions, and effectively present information to management, peers, and other organizations within the Company
- Strong management and mentoring skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in a rapidly changing environment, excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven PC skills with excellent Excel skills including vlookups, pivot tables
- CPA and Audit Experience
- SAP ERP, Revstream or RevPro experience preferred
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is flexible and can be done from home, in an office, or a combination of the two anywhere in CA, OR, WA, NV, MT, ID, WY, UT, CO, AZ, or NM.
Salaried role (For positions located in Colorado)
This position has a minimum base salary which starts at $88,000. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968.
Category : Finance
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2104996