Product Manager - Cloud Security - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Juneau,Alaska
Securing public cloud environments is challenging. The number of possible attack vectors multiply as the surface area changes and the users involved increase. CloudHealth Secure State is a new modern multi-cloud security solution. We help customers minimize public cloud security & compliance risk by providing real-time visibility into misconfigurations, threats, resource relationships, & associated risks. Delivered as a SaaS, Secure State helps security teams prioritize issues, collaborate with developers on remediation actions, & verify security proactively within CI/CD processes. We build and operate a distributed and scalable microservices based application that leverages graph data models and machine learning to deliver a next generation cloud security offering.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Product Manager, you will contribute to one of the core pillars of the service. You will work collaboratively with our engineering, UX design, and sales teams to create and connect market and user needs with strategy and roadmap. You will act as the "voice of the customer" to ensure delivery is focused on customer value, while taking into account technical aspects required for building and operating a cloud native service.
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision, and roadmap for a core pillar of Secure State.
- Champion for Secure State throughout VMware. Partner with sales to win new business and gain customer insights.
- Become immersed in this space and identify areas, trends and opportunities to improve the service.
- Partner with Product Marketing to bring new releases to market.
- Manage and maintain the product backlog of features, engineering and quality aspects for engineering teams focused on various areas of the service such as security incidents, compliance reporting, and integrations with third party alerting and ticketing systems.
- Prioritize complex features across multiple areas of expertise considering quality, resiliency and delivery timeline trade-offs.
- Collaborate with the product team to drive new product definition and design explorations to discover potential new value-added solutions.
- Motivate and inspire engineers to produce superb customer experiences with minimal technical debt while continuously improving work processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 2+ years as a product manager building and launching technical products in preferably Cloud, SaaS, security, compliance, and/ or enterprise.
- Strategic and critical thinker who can translate ambiguous user problems into market applicable tangible solutions.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in an agile environment.
- Able to operate with autonomy with success influencing cross-functional teams.
- In-depth experience working with Agile development methodologies and applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with managing SaaS adoption and growth.
- Experience with ML/ AI, DSLs, cloud automation, APIs, and/ or CI/CD tools.
- Experience with compliance frameworks (e.g. NIST, PCI, SOC2, ISO27001, HIPAA, GDPR).
- Hands-on familiarity with agile infrastructure: public cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba, etc.), Kubernetes and containers, VMware on Cloud.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2106720