Senior Financial Analyst - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Juneau,Alaska
Sr. Finance Analyst: PCS Finance – VMWare Engineering Services (VES)
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Finding a good job is very good…
Finding a good job in a dynamic company is great…
Finding an awesome job in a world changing organization is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are creating exceptional experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware’s PCS Finance team seeks a world-class Sr. Analyst to be a key member of its VMware Engineering Services (VES) finance team supporting due diligence, governance and optimization of on-premises infrastructure and private cloud investments.
As investments in data centers, colocation services and fixed assets grow, it’s critical that we have the right financial analysis and advice to optimize our spend and maximize the return on our valuable resources. You must have knowledge of various private cloud cost models, funding solutions and internal governance and accountability frameworks. Furthermore, an understanding of software licensing models is important to your success.We are looking for someone with the analytical rigor and strategic thinking to drive our business forward.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst, our leaders rely on your work to make strategic business decisions, whether it is forecasting business growth or tracking performance metrics. As a master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you will focus on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.You will work closely with finance management, key business partners across the organization and internal sourcing teams to improve governance, implement business plans and drive operational efficiencies.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders, to help plan capacity in each region, drive strategies to optimize the budget, and engage with business partners to develop and improve policies that maximize ROI.
- Vet hardware and software requirements vs requests, understand demand drivers, make budget trade-offs, and review vendor agreements.
- Using effective reporting, dashboards and KPIs, and chargeback methods, promote transparency, understanding and accountability of infrastructure spend across the organization to help BUs and other orgs achieve their business objectives.
- Advocate and manage system/process improvements, in collaboration with business, Central and Corp Finance and EDA teams, to assist in capex management and other infrastructure related reporting.
- Develop analytical models and provide recommendations.
- Ensure timely and accurate business and financial forecasting, various weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, and ad-hoc business analysis support.
- Be a key contributor in cross functional PCS Finance initiatives to drive process improvements for the R&D organization.
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Economics or relevant field of study
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience in technology company or IT org with a heavy emphasis in HW/SW cost management and optimization and/or cloud economics.
- Expert proficiency in Excel, solid experience with Powerpoint
- A quick learner.
- Passion for data, reporting, and systems.
- Experience supporting businesses that use public cloud providers, like AWS, Azure Cloud or Google Cloud Platform.
- Understanding of various types of public cloud services, billing constructs and configurations, billing and credits methodology and the way usage translates into monthly invoices.
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth environment.
- Excellent organizational skills along with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner with many different organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage day to day projects.
- Comfort with ambiguity and working with unknowns.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Finance
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105400