Associate Consultant II/ Consultant (Workspace one)
Primary Location: Bangalore,Karnataka
The Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWCC), which are part of the global VMware Professional Services Organization, are committed to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The WWCC streamlines the journey for customers to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and employees. Under Consulting, the WWCC delivers high volume, short duration accelerator engagements, which include the onboarding, adoption, consumption, and optimization of the VMware product franchises (multi-cloud, virtual cloud networking, digital workspace, security, and modern applications), that ensure customers rapidly reach their goals by providing expert help every step of the way.
The Consultant is a technology specialist and subject matter expert, providing customer guidance by contributing to technical workshops, low-level designs and implementation of use cases into high-quality solutions. In addition to customer facing responsibilities, Consultants also provide technical input to service offering evaluation, customer success initiative, pre-sales and drive best practices in the form of white paper creation.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest VMware product franchise technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure & digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation for evolving IT environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware pre-sales architects, engineers, product management and support staff.
- Work as part of a wider project team or on Consulting engagements
- Contribute to low-level designs while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Develop use cases into high-quality solutions in your specialist area
- Stay within the scope of the contracted work and meet the deadlines for both time and materials or fixed scope engagements. Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables.
- Discusses project matters with Project Managers, logs support calls and interface with Support
- Contribute details to and successfully execute change requests and rollback plans when required demonstrating a good understanding of Change Management processes
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product portfolio and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the digital workspace franchise product lines, which include Workspace One and Horizon.
- Assist in the development of our service offerings as well as developing accelerator content, best practices, and white papers.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Maintain a technical understanding of the following:
- Virtual Desktop/Application delivery and management platforms
- Identity Management and Access platforms
- Cloud Hosting platforms – AWS, Azure, SoftLayer
- Maintain a technical understanding across VMware Virtualization, Networking, Cloud and Mobility products/technologies.
- Understand and deliver digital workspace infrastructure accelerator engagements, implementations, roll-outs and migrations, including hands-on implementation of Horizon
- Preferably candidate should have 5+ years of professional experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a consultant, preferably within a system integrator, consulting organization or IT provider.
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to read complex customer situations and adapt as needed.
- Understanding of application federation, identity providers, service providers, SAML, and OAUTH
- Understanding of networking concepts (Layer 4, Layer 7), DNS, routing, load balancers (i.e. F5, NetScaler), forward and reverse proxies.
- Understanding of security, firewalls, traffic inspection, SSL handling (offloading, bridging, passthrough), deep SSL certificate knowledge
- Understanding of office 365 management, traditional and modern auth, EAS.
- 3rd party Certifications that demonstrate technical domain knowledge (Citrix, Mobile Iron, Microsoft, Ivanti, JAMF, SOTI, AWS) preferable.
- Server configuration knowledge of windows server 2016 / 2012R2 / 2012 / 2008, linux forms (Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, OpenSUSE), web server platforms (IIS, Apache) preferable.
- Database configuration knowledge of SQL Server 2016 / 2014 / 2012 / 2008R2 preferable.
Certification and Education
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Recommended VCAP-DCA, MCSA certification
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in delivering engagements under PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let’s shape the future of what’s next together.
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103293