Consultant - Multi Cloud
Primary Location: Bangalore,Karnataka
The Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWCC), which are part of the global VMware Professional Services Organization, are committed to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The WWCC streamlines the journey for customers to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and employees. Under the new VMware Success360 offering, the WWCC delivers high volume, short duration accelerator engagements, which include the onboarding, adoption, consumption, and optimization of the VMware product franchises (multi-cloud, virtual cloud networking, digital workspace, security, and modern applications), that ensure customers rapidly reach their goals by providing expert help every step of the way.
The Senior Consultant is an advanced level technology specialist and subject matter expert for multi cloud , providing customer guidance by facilitating technical workshops, creation of low-level designs and implementation of use cases into high-quality solutions. In addition to customer facing responsibilities, Senior Consultants also provide technical input to service offering evaluation, customer success initiative, pre-sales and drive best practices in the form of white paper creation.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest VMware product franchise technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure & digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation for evolving IT environments.
- You will present VMware’s holistic cloud strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid and public offerings
- Lead technical validation of the VMware Cloud on AWS solution against business/IT needs
- Strategically plan with customer success, professional service business unit, pre-sales, support and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- You will establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within customers and become trusted advocates of VMware’s cloud strategy
- Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to technical decision makers and key project stakeholders on your projects.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware’s cloud platform.
- Crafting a customized VMware Cloud on AWS solution through activities such as running strategy & discovery workshops
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer and the project teams.
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product portfolio and future product direction and expert level knowledge of product lines, which include VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX, HCX, vRNI and vRealize suite of products.
- Assist in the development of our service offerings as well as developing accelerator content, best practices, and white papers.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Understand and articulate the impact of network virtualization and security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- Plan and lead VMware Cloud on AWS accelerator engagements, implementations, roll-outs and migrations, including hands-on implementation of VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Have deep knowledge of VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS native cloud, vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vRNI & HCX.
- Experience in cloud computing (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, data), as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
- Have experience on Design, Review and Deploy AWS solutions Propose Cloud Solution designs for new clients
- Have expertise on VMware validated designs and SDDC
- Have designing and deployment experience on VMware technologies
- Define the approach, tools, and end state architecture to migrate customers to VMC on AWS
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Work directly with customers to drive adoption of VMware Cloud on AWS and integrated services
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using VMware’s Cloud Services
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements,
- Document best practices deploying, configuring and managing VMware Cloud on AWS, integration
of the AWS native services and an ecosystem of partner solutions
- Along with VMC on AWS, Have good knowledge and experience on any of the below cloud solutions.
- Oracle Cloud VMware Solution
- Google Cloud VMware Engine
- Azure VMware Solutions
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Have a mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required.
- Will take the role of a lead technologist and should bring deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases to the table.
- Will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to read complex customer situations and adapt as needed.
- Have knowledge of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers, Amazon Web Services, Oracle Cloud Services, Azure Cloud Services, Google Cloud Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), IBM Softlayer,
Certification and Education
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Recommended certifications - VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS Solutions Architect, Oracle Cloud Certified, Azure Cloud Architect, Google Cloud Architect, VCAP-DCD, VCP-NV, CCNP
Desirable skills and experience
- VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vRNI & HCX.
- Preferably candidate should have 8 to 12+ years of professional experience.
- 8 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a consultant, preferably within a system integrator, consulting organization or IT provider.
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2012991