Data Quality Analyst
Primary Location: Bangalore,Karnataka
Job Description (Data Quality Analyst)
The purpose of the role is to lead and support the enterprise data quality efforts for VMware Inc. This role is responsible for supporting the enterprise data quality monitoring and reporting program to ensure adherence to the organization’s data quality standards. This includes the development of standardized and executable business rules that are applied systemically across data sources, engagement and education with data consumers, owners & stewards to implement and enforce the adoption of enterprise quality standards, and the management of quality reporting through the process, technology, and communication. The incumbent will assist with the development and management of quality procedures and the promotion of data quality standards to ensure the quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels. The incumbent will also work with business partners, stakeholders, and the IT department to provide recommendations on the resolution of data integrity gaps while supporting the implementation of systematic and procedural controls for Critical Business Elements (CBEs) in the scope of Governance.
- Demonstrate strong information management, data quality, data analytics including strong working knowledge of data infrastructure and various technology reporting platforms.
- Provide leadership, motivation and establish a teamwork environment for the cross-functional data quality team and processes.
- Play a key role in leading the development, documentation, and implementation of data quality procedures and standards to support enterprise goals.
- Work with business partners, stakeholders, and the IT departments to define and document data quality rules, targets, and standards.
- Establish change controls over quality standards and work with functional and IT partners to enforce them within the organization.
- Partner with data stewards and owners to implement, enhance, and manage governance dashboarding capability on quality metrics.
- Define user experience standards and exception reporting capability.
- Partner with IT to implement data quality mart and data quality trend reporting. Implement and manage training and education in the data quality space with users to ensure the use and adoption of data quality tools and processes to improve the quality of data.
- Facilitate and provide data quality subject matter expertise within data governance working groups focused on data quality improvement efforts.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the detailed project and work plans for data quality monitoring and reporting efforts within the data governance organization.
- Coordinate the planning, documenting, and execution activities for the projects; along with tasks, budgets, timelines, and project staffing to successfully complete projects on a timely basis and within budget.
- Develop documentation to support the project planning and implementation process. Lead and provide support to project teams by facilitating/attending project meetings, documenting minutes and action items, responding to assigned tasks when due.
- Provide recommendations for measuring and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of data governance, operational control processes, and compliance activities. Support proactive profiling, data lineage reviewing, performing root cause triage, and support identifying appropriate owners for fixing root causes of the issues.
- Develop and refine high-quality monthly and quarterly metrics reporting and publishing capability demonstrating program activities and communication to stakeholders & senior leadership.
- 4+ years of experience in data quality/governance/ analysis related work or similar
- Proficient in SQL with a minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience
- Strong conceptual understanding of data analysis, data quality, etc
- Experience with reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, etc., data quality tools like Informatica IDQ, SAP Info Steward is desired
- Experience of intent to learn software domain related to VMware products and the way virtualization software/hardware
- Business Acumen, ability to translate business needs into a set of workable, specific requirements
- Well versed with MS PowerPoint/Visio
- Ability to understand business requirements, KPIs and convert into analytical hypothesis in a structured and logical manner along with solution identification
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time in terms of multitasking, prioritization, allocation, and team management
- Ability to coordinate and work within multiple business units from a project management perspective
- Ability to work across geographies and interact with global stakeholders
- Ability and motivation to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment and with minimal direction
- Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and determine solutions to effectively resolve issues
- Strong task management and prioritization capabilities
- Ability to initiate process improvement plans and work towards change
- Flexible to changing priorities and to work outside of office hours as per business requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in data quality/ governance/ analysis-related work or similar.
- Strong SQL and relational database/data warehouse (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgress) skills, data analysis experience is needed to be successful in this role. A Techno-functional individual with strong business acumen is required. Experience with reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, etc., data quality tools like Informatica IDQ, SAP Info Steward is desired.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a fast-changing environment. Ability to lead and drive efforts to completion.
- Knowledge of industry-leading data quality and issue management tools and practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience in data-related activities (data quality, data governance, metadata, data management, data standards, data structures, data aggregation, and business requirements).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak to varying levels across the organization.
- Development and championing of cross-functional engagement within data governance and to other business / IT groups.
- Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Data Analytics
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2104709