Senior Member of Technical Staff, VMC Networking Platform/Datapath
Primary Location: Bangalore,Karnataka
About NSX & VMware cloud on AWS VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security. A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics. NSX forms the core of VMware’s Virtual cloud network strategy for applying networking and security in modern data centers and Multi-cloud solutions like VMware Cloud on AWS. VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS is transforming the industry in the rapidly changing public and private cloud environments. We are building a new team to to build the next generation networking platform for VMC-on-AWS. We are seeking an experienced system software development engineer to build these networking functionalities & services that will be the foundation for VMware’s Multicloud & Hybrid cloud products.
What You’ll Do
• You will design & develop networking features in the VMC Platform infrastructure & data path area in C/C++ on ESX/Linux for VMC on AWS and other hybrid cloud products.
• You will participate in full product development cycles and collaborate with cross functional teams to execute product goals.
• You will work on solving customer issues and other defects reported by internal QE teams in time bound fashion.
• You will proactively participate in design/code reviews.
• Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent with 8+ years of work experience [OR] Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent with 6+ year of work experience • Excellent coding skills in C, C++ & Python scripting. • Experience with developing user space applications and kernel modules on Linux in the networking layer. • Strong networking domain knowledge is desired: L2/L3 Networking (preferably in infrastructure & forwarding plane), SDN/NFV, virtualization, overlay technologies. • Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques. • Must have previously participated in multiple major product development cycles with demonstrable ownership of having delivered key features end to end. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105958