Senior Technical Support Engineer - EPG
Primary Location: Bangalore
Wavefront by VMware is a next-generation SaaS solution that gives Engineering teams next generation visibility into the technology that underpins revenue generating web-scale applications. Wavefront customers include Lyft, Box, Workday, Intuit, Groupon, DoorDash, and Postmates.
Wavefront is redefining how Engineering teams use systems telemetry and metrics. Our massively scalable approach was pioneered at Google, refined at Twitter, and involves real-time processing of high-fidelity host and application metrics. Using Wavefront, developers and technical operations teams can ask any question of their systems and applications with answers in real-time. The Wavefront platform enables Engineering to spend less time on unplanned ops and therefore as much time as possible on feature velocity.
As part of the Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU) you will work directly with customers, partners, field sales, delivery and product development teams to help ensure the successful incubation, adoption and enablement of Wavefront by VMware’s SaaS service. Earning the right as a trusted advisor requires a unique blend of being polished with customers, having technical savvy, being an out of the box thinker, and having the ability to drive and engage multiple stakeholders to translate and communicate business requirements into a solution vision.
Emerging Products Group: Our focus is to ensure we provide excellent support for new products providing a great customer experience thus enabling easy use and adoption of these products, which in turn increases the chances of customers purchasing the products. To be able to meet the requirements EPG needs to recruit the best Engineers who can quickly adopt new products & technologies, create best practices and processes, documentation & work closely with R&D. Our mission is to provide excellent customer experience and prepare products for a smooth transition into Core GSS once sales licenses reach a certain threshold.
A successful candidate will wear many hats, and your work will have a real impact on the direction of the Emerging products portfolio.
- Provide world-class customer service throughout the entire lifecycle of customer adoption.
- Communicate Wavefront by VMware methodology and best practices to clients.
- Work independently or as part of a team on engagements with customers, often in a technical leadership role to ensure customer retention and to drive customer value realization.
- Provide architectural guidance for the integration of VMware management products with third-party products within the customer’s IT environment such as storage, networking, systems management, capacity management and monitoring, high availability solutions, security infrastructures, etc.
- Stay on top of customer reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and CMBU Product Management and Engineering.
- Be able to drive and increase visibility of escalated support issues for CMBU key accounts as needed.
- Participate and partner with product development to help define and contribute in the creation of new solutions and tooling based on customer requirements – contribute directly to the delivery of these solutions through scripting, coding, testing, documenting, demonstrating and/or showcasing as part of a team.
- Bring thought leadership around overall customer success and be self-driven to lead with minimal supervision.
- Document best practices in deploying Wavefront by VMware, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners.
- Support various customer enablement and partner events - deliver public speaking and presentations.
- Ability to travel periodically and/or spend significant time interacting with customers remotely on solutions engagements.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
Professional Qualifications/Ideal Experience
- Domain level understanding of Public/Private Cloud Infrastructure & Networking.
- At least 5 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services Solution Architect/engineer or similar.
- Experience with modern software development methodologies.
- Strong practical Linux or Windows systems administration skills.
- Programming abilities in languages such as Go, Python, Java, Unix shell/Bash are an advantage.
- Strong expertise with VMware vSphere and other VMware products are an advantage
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and tooling such as: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Docker, Kubenetes, Github etc. We don’t need you to know them all but our customer base is using these kinds of tools (and more) and familiarity with some of them would be a big help.
- Experience in a related space such as log analytics, APM etc. E.g. Splunk/Sumo Logic/App Dynamics/New Relic/DataDog/SignalFX would be helpful
- Familiarity with Open Source metrics platforms such as Graphite, OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Prometheus etc.
- Familiarity with metric collection technologies such as Telegraf, Collectd, Diamond, Statsd, DropWizard metrics etc.
- Experience in software deployment in large-scale services in complex environments.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills.
- Quality, out-of–the box thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident.
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up like environments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017651