Sr Software Quality Assurance (QA) EngineerApply Now Job ID 179648BR Date posted 04/21/2017
Virtustream, an EMC Federation company, is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company’s infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with innovation and development centers in Palo Alto; Atlanta; Waldorf, Germany; Sofia, Bulgaria and Bangalore, India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Dallas, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Sydney with data center locations around the world. Virtustream was acquired by EMC Corporation on July 9, 2015, Read Press Release for more details.
Work place: - Kaunas
Virtustream (www.virtustream.com) is a leading enterprise cloud software and services provider. The company's secure high-performance cloud platform, xStream, enables hybrid cloud deployments, supports multiple hypervisors, and is the industry's first to offer a sub-virtual machine pricing model that is truly consumption-based. Virtustream’s team comprises of architects, engineers and developers with deep expertise in cloud migration strategies, cloud platform deployment, enterprise application management and advanced data center technologies.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for testing our web-based, cloud computing interface that allows users to monitor and manage their virtual datacenter. The Ideal candidate must have experience with the Linux and Windows operating systems, strong problem solving skills, attention to detail and experience configuring environments for testing.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Design and develop test cases that enable verification of product requirements.
- Responsible for testing and automating for future execution.
- Candidate should have hands on automated testing experience in Selenium and familiarity with Agile development.
- Should have working experience with Specflow/nUnit/C#/Selenium/Jenkins.
- Experience should include Continuous Integration, cross browser automation with some level of knowledge of Selenium grid.
- Execute test cases while meeting project deadlines and deliverables.
- Enter detailed defects in the defect tracking system.
- Active member on SCRUM team in grooming and planning activities
- Review and give feedback on stories, estimates, and technical design.
- Create test plans (strategy), test cases and test results.
- Research and answer escalated customer issues from Technical Support regarding software defects, as needed.
- Routinely isolate the root cause of a defect when applicable.
- 4+ years of experience testing or developing commercial software applications or equivalent.
- 3+ years of Linux/Unix Operating System knowledge.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum testing methodology preferred.
- Experience with virtual testing environments such as VMware and MS Hyper-V preferred.
- Experience with automated web testing tools, such as Selenium is preferred.
- Experience writing unit tests (nUnit or similar, Python unit test or similar) is preferred
- Scripting experience using the following: C# is preferred.
- Knowledge of MongoDB.
- Extra consideration given for certifications: CSTE, CSQA etc.
- B.S. in or pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and oral English skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team environment.
- Be dynamic and creative – with a desire to work in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Be able to work in a self-directed manner.
- Exhibit effective time management skills.
- Work with enthusiasm and drive.
- Meet deadlines
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.