Pricing AnalystKawasaki, Japan 04/10/2019
Job Family Summary
Develops and implements pricing strategies to maximize sales and market penetration and ensure long-term profitability objectives are met. Evaluates the effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Conducts research and performs a competitive pricing analysis.
Monitors ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact company reputation or customer satisfaction.
- Leads, develops, evaluates and implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
- Maintains and communicates regular pricing position.
- Leads the proposal for price position changes across platforms and markets (per price band) with other functional leaders to insure a competitive and financially viable price position.
- Monitor(s) and reports regional and/or global competitive and/or cost trends.
- Focuses list pricing activities and influences discounting and promotional practices with the intent of maximizing overall operating income.
- Ensures proper cost uploads to sales tools are delivered and leads cost impact clarity to RUM (Revenue, Units, Margin) P&L.
- Supports the quarterly RUM guidance process, which incorporates revenue and margin implications of forwarding pricing plans for assigned product categories as appropriate. Supports the list pricing at the launch of new models or products.
- Completes responsibility for pricing and profitability strategy for customer kits and partner products.
- Develops and maintains competitive pricing databases designed to monitor changes in the marketplace and their impact on the corporation.
- Works cross-functionally to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
- Principal Responsibilities
- Supports more experienced members of a team with basic tasks related to pricing.
- Learns the process of pricing out a deal.
- Gains a solid understanding of our technology, processes and policies.
- Perform standard requests for analysis of financial data.
- Uses standardized modeling tools to create a financial analysis for the pricing team.
- Communicates well and takes direction easily.
Maintain weekly pricing reports
Analyze current business and competitive market dynamics to ensure pricing guidance is within WAPP strategy
Develops and maintains competitive pricing databases designed to monitor changes in the marketplace and their impact on the corporation
Execute pricing change based on pricing manager input
Ensures proper price/cost uploads to sales tools are delivered and leads cost impact clarity to RUM (Revenue, Units, Margin) P&L.
Supports the list pricing at launch of new models or products.
- Basic computer and excel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Takes initiative
Education and Experience
Typically requires a minimum 0+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can help us use pricing to maximize sales and market penetration, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Sales-Operations-Job-Family-Group Job ID: R57323
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Advisor, Sales planning & Analysis (Support Japan) Kawasaki, Japan
- Sr Analyst, Sales planning & Analysis (Support Japan) Kawasaki, Japan
- Sales Enablement Sr Advisor Kawasaki, Japan