Logistics Senior Advisor Program ManagerCork, Ireland 06/18/2019
Logistics Senior Advisor Program Manager
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Logistics at Dell, we are looking for a Logistics Senior Advisor Program Manager to join our team in Cork.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
As a member of the Global Operations EMEA Supply Chain Project Management Team, the individual will be responsible for leading high profile, global project initiatives through the Phase Review Process (PrP). Critical success factors include: Worldwide cross-functional team leadership skills, proven project management experience, business case development, strategic operations plans and strategies, effective presentation and communication skills. The individual must be a self starter with strong interpersonal skills, ability to deal with ambiguity, and exhibit initiative & ability to drive for results
As Program Manager for Worldwide supply chain initiatives the individual will:
- Assume ownership of all aspects of project.
- Define comprehensive scope of project (objectives, deliverables, timeline, business requirements, etc)
- Develop and manage detailed project milestones & schedule
- Manage program risks and issues and drive issues to closure
- Anticipate and adjust for roadblocks
- Capable of developing and assessing Business Case for program
- Possess and exhibit strong presentation skills
- Track and effectively communicates project status
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain, IT systems, factory processes and operations
- Understands entire fulfillment process: from supplier to the fulfillment center to the customer, including the incoming transportation of materials on the front end; understands delivery and transportation models, and fulfillment of products or parts
- Understands the differences in fulfillment methods / models across regions, including key areas requiring additional or exceptional processes that add cost, cycle time, or impact.
- Ability to assimilate and translate product plans, roadmaps into Operational requirements,capabilities, and project plans
Degree qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain / Logistics / Engineering or IT. MBA a plus.
· Knowledge of Supply Chain, IT systems, logistics, and fulfillment models.
. Proved experience in leading global, multi-functional projects
· Strong project management skills. PMP Certification a plus.
· Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
· Facilitation skills to lead Worldwide cross-functional meetings
· Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines
· Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications
· Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers
· Understanding of supplier and competitor capabilities and processes.
· Insight and skill to effectively manage cultural differences.
· 5 - 7 years relevant work experience required.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Materials-&-Procurement Job ID: R66138
Related Job Opportunities
- Sr. Export Compliance Analyst Cork, Ireland
- Senior Analyst Material Planning Cork, Ireland
- Senior Analyst, Material Planning Cork, Ireland