Senior Product DesignerLimerick, Ireland 05/14/2019
Senior Product Designer – Dell Digital Commerce Experiences
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Product Designer on our Digital Design team.
As a Senior Product Designer you will partner with developers, product managers and business partners to create experiences connecting people to technologies that transform the way we all work and live. Your role is multi-disciplinary, delivering value in the form of design decisions. You lead design; to understand and empathize with people to help your cross-functional team solve customer and business problems.
You won't be working alone. As a member of a centralized design team for Dell Digital Commerce Experiences, you'll receive guidance and mentorship from design leaders in our mission to ship world-class digital commerce products. Together we will affect millions of customers worldwide and help drive multi-billion dollar businesses.
Your responsibilities include:
- Representing UX Design subject matter expertise within a cross-functional team
- Leading discovery, conception and execution of global design solutions
- Developing the approach for tackling a design problem
- Practicing Human-Centered Design methodologies
- Partnering and collaborating with researchers, engineers, designers, product owners, and business stakeholders on all initiatives
- Evolving and evangelizing our Design System
- Guiding and mentoring designers
As a Senior Product Designer, your professional background demonstrates:
- Years of high-level performance as a user-centered design leader creating customer and business outcomes
- Contributions to multiple shipped products
- Solutions within a product or program that connect to a broader strategic vision
- Experience solving design problems with content and writing
- Presenting objective rationale to partners for design decisions
- 5+ years of design experience with focus in digital
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems or equivalent experience
You have expertise in one of the following skills, are strong in two more and capable in 2 others:
- Front-end Development
- Quantitative Research and Analysis
- Visual Design
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- User Research and Synthesis
Dell Technologies offers:
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
We believe our culture and values are differentiators. Our culture and values reflect what’s most important to us as a company and guide our decisions and actions:
Customers: We believe our customer relationships are the ultimate differentiator and the foundation for our success.
Winning Together: We believe in and value our people. We perform better, are smarter, and have more fun working as a team than as individuals.
Innovation: We believe our ability to innovate and cultivate breakthrough thinking is an engine for growth, success, and progress.
Results: We believe in being accountable to an exceptional standard of excellence and performance.
Integrity: We believe integrity must always govern our fierce desire to win.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Information-Technology Job ID: R46807