SIEM Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations (SRO)Limerick, Ireland 01/11/2019
SIEM Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a SIEM Senior Advisor to join our Cybersecurity Engineering and Operations team in Limerick, Ireland.
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth required to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career. Cyber Security Engineers have responsibility for providing thought leadership across security technology areas and aligning with both the business and cybersecurity objectives. The candidate will be expected to contribute to initiatives across Cybersecurity, and work as a member of a larger team that focuses on priority driven items which change based on need. Broadly the role\person. This role secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
- Supervises maintenance of SIEM applications and environment
- Work across the various global IT teams and business units and coordinates resources to effectively perform maintenance and response tasks.
- Takes responsibility for successful execution of upgrades, enhancements and requests. Identify and recommend process improvements. Presents incident response report and lessons learned to management. Provide security control enhancement recommendations based on regulatory and best practice procedures
- Responsible to manage and drive to closure all Audit issues to the Incident Response and Management process.
- Communicates and educate information security risks to end-users.
- Design and coordinate cohesive plans to enhance and upgrade the suitability of the SIEM environment
- Reviews, analyses and resolves difficult and complex information security problems.
- Proven ability to think analytically and solve technical and business problems required
- Exceptional ability to analyse and distil relevant findings and determine root cause.
- Excellent command in English, both written and verbal. Excellent time management skills. Excellent coordination skills.
- Experience in project management / coordination or working in a project team.
- Experience of audit and regulatory compliance and adherence (SOX, PCI, HIPAA etc)
- Reliability, diligence and self-management.
- Strong customer service skills
3 - 5 years hands-on experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, application, and information security.
Relevant skills\qualifications an advantage:
- Database technologies, skills and practices
- ITIL Service Management and/or SANS Advanced Digital Forensics and Incident response qualification (FOR508) is a plus.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems and specialization in Information Security.
- CISSP, CEH, CHFI,CISA, CISM and/or PM
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: Taking Applications Today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Cybersecurity SRO Job ID: R86960
Related Job Opportunities
- Network Security Senior Analyst, Defense Technologies (SRO) Limerick, Ireland
- Directory Services Advisor, Cybersecurity Operations (SRO) Limerick, Ireland
- Cyber Security Senior Analyst- Compliance (SRO) Limerick, Ireland
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.