Software Engineer 2 - IT
- Limerick, Ireland
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Software Engineer 2 - IT
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineer 2 on our DSA application SDET team in Limerick, Ireland.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Dell’s Digital Commerce Experiences seller organization is hiring a Software Engineer 2 to contribute in the test development of capabilities for Dell Sales Applications. A seller (line of business, internal marketer, Account Executive, Internal Sales Rep, Technical Sales Rep, Services and External Channel) offers products, solutions and services to potential and existing buyers for purchase, licensed use, or rental and wants to enable buyers to discover, learn, configure, transact, and receive support aligned to their relevant/contextual product assortment.
Our team is responsible for future state test development, implementing and deploying new enhancements to one seller application (DSA), interacting with SDET team members across regions, work closely with our business partners to understand requirements, and develop/enhance existing test automation in timely manner. We are looking for highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building highly visible, highly available, and customer facing E-Commerce solutions. Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can drive the direction of very large projects being developed by multi-shore teams.
- Works closely with Product Owners and Business stakeholders to continually refine software functional test requirements and provide feedback on user scenarios.
- Works closely and iteratively with Scrum team members to clarify functional requirements, determine testing and test automation requirements, and provide feedback on design solutions (functional and technical)
- Conducts In-sprint Test Design, Test planning Test automation development, and Test execution
- Conducts Manual testing, and uses exploratory testing techniques to uncover weaknesses in testing test approaches/processes.
- Writes robust automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for ensuring quality of their own work as well as the work of the development team
- Targeting 2 years of related experience with a degree; 0 years with a Master’s degree; Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent technical degree) or equivalent experience
- Related experience testing preferably in web portals and/or ecommerce applications using Microsoft technologies
- Possess strong automation (UI, Services & Database) and manual testing experience using C# & Selenium / C#
- Strong confident communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information effectively to both IT and business audiences
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Knowledge of pair programming
- Ability to manage and influence team members without direct reporting authority
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 30 November, 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R038550
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Limerick Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.