Sr. Advisor, LogisticsLimerick, Ireland, Cork, Ireland;Dublin, Ireland 04/03/2019
Logistics Senior Advisor
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Logistics Senior Advisor on our Supply Chain team in Limerick, Ireland
In this fast-changing world, our customers need our latest technology – and they need it now. And that’s where our expert Logistics team within Materials and Procurement comes in. We’re tasked with getting products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively to Dell customers. We work in partnership with fulfillment and logistics providers to ensure a visible service to our supply chain and smooth delivery services to end users.
· Work with 3rd party TMS provider to onboard new service offerings, new shipping facilities, and carriers to Dell/EMC products.
· Working knowledge of OTM functionality and setup required.
· Represent logistics technology requirements across large strategic programs.
· Lead and Manage QBRs with TMS provider.
· Presents and communicates status to the business leaders
· Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
· Responsible for addressing escalated issues regarding logistics provider management and supply chain issues
· Extensive experience in driving cross-functional programs and projects - Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
· Strong problem solving and quantitative analytical skills
· Flexibility to quickly adapt to new challenges and operate in periods of ambiguity – Ability to convert ambiguity into structure and direction
· Consulting experience, including competitive benchmarking and analysis a plus
· Exceptional end-to-end thinking
· Strong presentation and communication skill, including Executive level interactions
· Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills and SQL, Tableau, SharePoint experience a plus
· 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree;
· Strong understanding of global supply chain, manufacturing footprint and logistics capabilities
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, self-starter
· Solid understanding of business goals, objectives and current industry trends
· Solid program and project management skills
· Solid supply chain management understanding
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: Taking Applications Today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Manufacturing Materials-&-Procurement Job ID: R26080
Related Job Opportunities
- Advisor, Inventory Management Limerick, Ireland
- Sr. Export Compliance Analyst Cork, Ireland
- Advisor Import Export Cork, Ireland