Business Operation SpecialistLisbon, Portugal 03/25/2020
Business Operations Specialist
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Business Operations Specialist on our Global Business Services team in Lisbon.
Utilizing a variety of well-developed organizational and project management skills, incumbent is responsible for providing sales order process support and reporting reconciliation for a defined sales territory (s). Uses sound judgment and demonstrates initiative in carrying out assigned duties. Achieves a high degree of familiarity with and in-depth knowledge of field and corporate operational systems, processes and policies. Working directly with many different departments like Finance, Sales, Revenue, logistics, Accounting, Credit and Collections, Professional Services and other units.
- Responsible for all order booking activities and ensures all orders are processed in accordance with customer and business requirements. Manages the collection of all paperwork and ensures that all approvals are submitted, current and correct contract data is included and that all basic revenue recognition guidelines are met
- Act as liaison between sales, business operations and GBO to ensure all orders are booked, billed, invoiced and shipped correctly, facilitate communications with other field organizations when necessary
- Assist with sales management to ensure forecast and territory management accuracy, research and report discrepancies in sales figures and communicates with sales teams to update information accordingly
- Assist with territory assignment governance activities including; hierarchy changes, new hire support, opportunity reassignment
- May participate in District level sales manager meetings and conference calls. Prepares the weekly forecast for the weekly meeting, presentations for sales meetings and Quarterly Business Review meetings.
- Help train new and existing sales personnel on all order management systems and processes.
- May provide subject matter expertise on more complex deals including ELA's, leases and involving some countries and/or business Units
- Previous experience in a similar role in an multinational environment.
- Finance data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work independently, analyze information and draw accurate conclusions. Customer focused
- Sense of urgency and ability to take initiative
- Strong team spirit
- Time management skills, organizational skills, ability to execute and ability to adapt to change
- Fluent English and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Additional languages will be an advantage as Portuguese.