Dell Boomi Enterprise Architect,Remote - United Kingdom (London-Thames Valley) 02/09/2019
Dell Boomi Enterprise Architect
Remote – London
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a remote Senior Technical Architect on our Dell Boomi Professional Services team in Remote / London.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Responsible for creating, communicating, and facilitating adherence to enterprise-wide application and integration architecture, technology strategy and standards, architecture and design principals, guidelines and common solutions. Responsible for advancing integration architecture in support of Dell Boomi customer business and IT strategy, and developing roadmaps and blueprints to ensure architecture goals are met in both tactical and strategic frames. Collaborates with a broad range of customer stakeholders including business, application and integration development, risk domains, operations, and security, to assure solutions cost effectively address the broad range of functional and non-functional customer requirements.
Exceptional teamwork, communication and leadership skills, particularly the ability to influence decisions.
- Understand customer’s business needs and IT strategy and assets to identify solution architecture appropriate to business needs and technology context
- Understand implementation context and team capabilities to provide appropriate guidance for team to implement solution architecture
- Work with wide range of customer’s stakeholders to assure solution architecture enables solution team to address the needs of all stakeholders
- Assist with early stage solutioning including contributing to business cases and estimation
- Assist with project execution including input to project planning and risk identification
- Assist with project closure including assessing and helping manage risks to closure
Integration and Application Architecture
- Drafts conceptual and logical architecture specifications at both the enterprise and project level
- Assists project teams and Product Managers when documenting new functionality to assure compliance with Project-appropriate enterprise processes (SDLC/Waterfall, Agile, DevOps)
- Assists project teams during system design with the drafting of logical architectural models
- Assists project teams during system design to promote the efficient re-use of IT assets
- Advises project team during system development to assure compliance with architectural principles, guidelines and standards
- Shares Dell Boomi architectural vision with stakeholders through informal discussion and formal presentations and how it pertains to customer’s vision
- Ensures application designs meet the architectural blueprint for business applications
- Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams
- Contributes to the technology strategy, vision, requirements, and solutions for large-scale domain specific initiatives
- Contributes to "buy vs. build" analyses of proposed business solutions
- Identifies, understands and documents extensions to, and variants from, architectural guidelines
- Promotes the development of, and adherence to, processes which assure consistent methods for development of new or enhanced business capabilities by:
- Representing the integration requirements to interested management committees
- Interacting with the Architecture Office to help define, publish and maintain processes for compliance to Architectural principles, guidelines and standards, software development and deployment, and retirement of obsolete technologies.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Several years of related solution architecture experience at this level
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Possess a thorough understanding of common software delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps)
- Technical skills span multiple languages, databases, platforms
- Technical skills include current leading technologies, particularly Web and Cloud related
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace changes, technology changes, and client businesses
- Demonstrates advanced verbal, visual and written communication skills in technical domains
- Demonstrates leadership skills, particularly soft-skills and the ability to influence
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
"LI PRIORITY" "LIPRIORITY" LI PRIORITY
Job Family: Remote Job ID: R57324
Related Job Opportunities
- Network Development Senior Engineer London, United Kingdom
- Security Architect, (Cyber Security Services), London, UK (Remote) - Secureworks Sales London, United Kingdom
- Enterprise Account Executive, Cyber Security - London, UK (Remote) - Secureworks Sales Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.