Employee Relations Manager
Primary Location: ,London
Employee Relations Manager – UK
We are seeking an experienced Employee Relations Manager to join our growing EMEA Employee Relations (ER) team. The ER Manager will develop a deep understanding of VMware’s business in the UK and globally and will collaborate with HR and Legal functions to drive strategy and business initiatives.
As an Employee Relations Manager, you will be the point of contact for all Employee Relations matters in the UK such as formal performance and disciplinary processes, restructuring programs and investigations.
The EMEA ER team has strong employment law knowledge and partners closely with the HR Management Partner, Legal, Ethics & Compliance teams as well as the business stakeholders. This is a flexible and agile team, and while your primary responsibility will be in the UK, your role will provide occasional support on ER processes for other countries as required, particularly Ireland.
This role would particularly suit an in-house or private practice employment law specialist looking for an exciting new career in a fast-paced technology environment, with exposure to global HR and business strategy.
Location: Staines/ Remote - VMware is a flexible employer and is open to candidates in remote location within the UK.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides specialist advice on employee relations requirements and procedures.
- Assesses ER risk against business imperatives to provide practical, solution focused strategies.
- Owns and drives a broad spectrum of ER processes including terminations, absence management, performance management, grievances and investigations and creation of required documentation to support those processes.
- Hands on execution of internal and employee facing processes related to workforce reductions and restructurings, both with respect to one-off needs or company reorganizations.
- Supports on acquisition and merger related ER processes and consultations.
- Assesses current ER processes and implement improvements and templates to drive efficiency.
- Creates and delivers manager training on ER issues such as performance management.
- Analyses and provides guidance regarding the implementation of key company initiatives in compliance with local law and in consistency with global direction.
- Guiding members of management and senior leadership on ER processes.
- Supports the consultation of complex projects in cooperation with HR and Legal by providing local country perspective and suggesting solutions.
- Keeps ER metrics monthly and reviews on a quarterly basis to assess where action can be taken to simplify a process, train managers, etc. in order to support a growing client base
- Conduct complex investigations and decision reviews
- Develop Employee Relations strategies on critical employee relations issues and lead resolution with minimum business impact (continuity, cost, reputation).
- Effectively mediates critical relationship matters
The successful candidate for this role is a strong team player who enjoys a fast paced, evolving international environment and who is proactive, assertive, decisive and resilient. A key capability is the ability to understand the global business context and to be able to make practical, risk-based decisions that drive business outcomes on the basis of solid legal knowledge and experience, process improvement mindset and key understanding of HR matters. The UK ER manager will be engaging with managers and senior leadership so should have strong communication and advisory skills.
- Advanced Degree or other specialized qualification in Employment and/or Labour Law
- 5+ years of employment law experience in UK.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, and decision-making skills
- Fluent English (required).
- This is a specialised role which requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills and good judgment in an ambiguous environment
- Is Proactive and requires minimal oversight to drive results
- Prior experience with a global technology company preferred.
- Experience in a sales environment is an advantage.
- Experience on ER processes/employment law in Ireland is an advantage:.
- Mediation experience/skills are an advantage.
Category : Legal
Subcategory: Employee Relations
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108742