Isilon Field CTO for Media & Entertainment (Hybrid)Apply Now Job ID R23417 Date posted 11/28/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Field CTO for Media and Entertainment within the Unstructured Storage Division of DellEMC is a high impact position with responsibilities including: presenting Dell EMC Unstructured Storage technical and business development strategy to the Media Creation, Management and Delivery markets in EMEA, meeting with Media executives worldwide to drive continued adoption and awareness of DellEMC Unstructured Data solutions for Post-Production, Broadcast, Visual Effects, VR/MR/AR, IPTV, Network/Cloud PVR and Over-the-top distribution, as well as playing a key theatre-wide subject matter expert role in support of major sales opportunities and end-user awareness related to Dell EMC Unstructured Data products. Regular activity will also include strategic briefings with new prospects and existing customers, nearly always under NDA and also being a key thought leader and influencer to the Unstructured Division Engineering and Product Management teams to drive key roadmap, feature function priorities, and go-to-market strategies.
It is a unique role for the well-rounded and dynamic technologist at heart with a functional NAS storage background who possesses deep M&E industry knowledge, and has a passion for evangelizing. Our high performing Field CTO team is comprised of Engineers and Technologists who take tremendous pride in maintaining technical depth and breadth in their areas of expertise and in playing a highly influential role with our customers, our internal product and solution teams, and the industry at large. The role covers the whole of our EMEA territory and occasional travel outside of EMEA (i.e. international) may be required.
- STEM/Engineering Degree (Bachelor’s minimum; graduate work preferred)
- Minimum of 15 years of direct M&E industry experience, preferably within animation, content creation, visual effects, or multi-media post production environments
- Deep understanding of the M&E workflows and technology solutions across media creation, management, and delivery
- Understanding of storage architectures (preferably NAS) and their impact to various M&E workloads
- Working knowledge of industry partners and major ISVs solutions
- Ability to interact effectively with M&E end users (artists, creators, and engineers) at both a tactical and strategic level around technology solutions and planning
- Experience in a client-facing role discussing strategic and tactical concepts to internal / external customers is highly preferred
- Ability to act as an industry and solution thought leader in both customer and large industry conference settings
- Able to adeptly have a conversation with executives and then switching to a very technical conversation around solution design and architecture
- Experience with cross-team/matrixed organizations influencing multiple stakeholders preferred
- Ability to travel up to 40-50% domestically and occasionally internationally
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Job ID: R23417
- Isilon Field CTO for Automotive/Manufacturing Brentford, England| Edinburgh, Scotland| Manchester, England| London, England| Gothenburg, Västra Götaland| Munich, Bavaria| Stockholm, Stockholm| Frankfurt, Bavaria