To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
NSX ALB (Avi) Solution Architect
Primary Location: Staines,
The charter of the NSX Advanced Load Balancer (Avi) Customer Success team is to drive product deployments, provide the highest level of technical assistance to our customers, and deliver operational best practices. We are looking for exceptional self-motivated professionals who are comfortable with working both remotely and at customer locations. The ideal candidate should be an agile learner and be initiative driven.
As a Solution Architect for this team, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Function as technical point of contact for customer deployments and as a mentor for other team members
- Develop and deliver technical hands-on product trainings to customers
- Work onsite or remote as a single point of technical contact for a set of assigned customers
- Ensure successful completion of high impact projects by creating project scoping plans, design guides and relevant documentation
- Function as a subject matter expert for multiple Avi Vantage integrated ecosystems like OpenStack, ESXi, Docker, AWS, Azure, GCP, Openshift
- Serve as technical champion for customers and collaborate with regional sales teams to fast track deployments.
- Full understanding of OSI networking layers and strong knowledge of L2- L7 protocols
- End-to-end deployments on at least one Avi Vantage integrated ecosystems like OpenStack, ESXi, OpenShift, AWS, Mesos DC/OS, Docker, Azure, GCP
- Previous experience with ADC deployments for F5 LTM, Citrix Netscaler, A10 Thunder, Brocade/PulseSecure vTM, Cisco ACE products
- Hands-on experience with diverse networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls
- Expertise on GSLB offerings from F5, Cisco, Citrix is a big plus
- Experience with REST API and/or Python programming is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef is a plus
- Excellent communication, time management, and process adherence skills
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2014181