Senior Director, Consulting (UK&I),Remote - United Kingdom (London-Thames Valley) 09/10/2019
Sr Director, Consulting (UK & Ireland)
London area, United Kingdom
Dell EMC’s Consulting organization is focused on helping customers accelerate time to value from all Dell Technologies solutions, and is our internal partner for large-scale transformational projects.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
The Sr Director focuses on developing team capabilities, achieving financial and operational objectives and successfully delivering on customer commitments. Creates value for customers in the areas of Business Strategy, Technology Strategy, Process Redesign, and Change Management. Identifies ways of growing the Consulting business and proactively identifies new opportunities with current and future customers. Plays a central role in defining the scope of projects, understanding a customer’s issues/problems, and conceiving customer deliverables.
Works with the Virtual; Service Delivery Organisations, Strategically Aligned Businesses and external partners to create a delivery ecosystem and leverages their capabilities as appropriate for delivery.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for all delivery consulting matters within UKI, including, but not limited to:
- Hiring and direct management and other team members as required (including delivery subject matter experts and Project Managers), based on global profiles, who can help grow and drive Dell's business strategy
- Overall accountability for delivery governance
- Overall Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) performance
- Delivery P&L management (owns the revenue, cost and GM numbers) and regular Delivery P&L outlook cadence
- All Delivery KPIs including Billable Utilization targets, eNPS, cNPS, unbilled, aged backlog etc.
- Assists in devising and executing on delivery strategies with Strategically Aligned Businesses (SABs) and develops new opportunities
- Assists in devising and executing on delivery strategies with Partners and develops new opportunities
- Collaborates closely with Finance and Operations to effectively manage the business
- Works with EMEA Partner Manager and Partner Management organisation to provides guidance for UKI delivery sourcing strategies and partner management
- Drives execution of Dell Consulting’s strategy around Delighting customers, Inspiring Team Members while Winning Financially and Growing our market
- Support pre-sales initiatives with GTM
- Leverages customer experiences and technical expertise to input, develop, drive and articulate solutions across the organisation
- Guides practice team to effectively deliver Dell solutions and provide continual practice growth.
- Monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize practice performance.
- Partners with Consulting Business partners including GTM, Finance, HR, Partner Management, Marketing and Bus Ops.
- Manages/Leads (Direct reports) for UKI delivery roles
- Global - partners with the Service Design and Enablement Team acting as “Voice of the field” into offering development and as conduit from global to field. Close Business relationship with VSD teams as part of delivery ecosystem capability
- Other Internal Stakeholders
- Core Sales and pre-sales leaders
- DTS – Dell Technologies Select
- Other SAB Services leaders including SDS and Vmware leaders
- External stakeholders – builds relationships with key external stakeholders
- Customers – Escalation point
- Delivery Partners
- A proven national or global leader with overall practice accountability for a Consulting Practice – ideally in the UK and Ireland.
- Typically 15+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Typically requires 10+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience).
- Proven track record, preferably in the context of Consulting/Professional Services.
- Expert ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Expert analytical ability.
- Expert ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Expert communication skills.
- Expert presentation skills.
- Possesses expert product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Expert consultative skills.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Remote Job ID: R033841
Related Job Opportunities
- Security Solutions Engineer, London, UK (Remote) - Secureworks Sales Multiple Locations
- Global Privacy Consultant Multiple Locations
- Global Account Executive / Manager (Acquisition) - Enterprise GCCS Multiple Locations