Director, HCI Route to Market Sales - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,London
Director, HCI Route to Market Sales
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
You will report into the Worldwide Partner and Commercial Organization as a team lead for a sales team, working very closely with EMEA sales leadership, Business Units executives, sales and partner teams. You will be accountable for driving a co-selling motion between VMware sales and our channel partners while supporting HCI and Cloud Foundation opportunities in the field. You will work with EMEA sales leadership, account teams, partner business managers, and partners to connect, support and drive HCI Sales.
The ideal candidate is an individual with expertise in direct and channel sales engagements and driving the appropriate resources to support sales opportunities. This candidate will be leading a virtual team and, in partnership with the Core Sales and SE team, will be responsible for identifying opportunities, connecting partners into the accounts and supporting deals as needed.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Lead a virtual team of Business Development Managers to inspire, educate and drive the Core Sales organization to integrate partners into the sales process
· Accountable for the HCI sales number in EMEA, working closely with business operations to manage the business and sales targets
· Build the strategy and execute the engagement motion in EMEA between the core team and our channel partners
· Partner closely with our Global Partners sales team, Solution Engineering team and EMEA Partner Organization as a “beehive” to support opportunities in the field
· Build and manage pipeline by connecting core teams with partners who can accelerate deal closure; drive opportunities and leads to partners, propose and drive field marketing activities for pipeline creation and acceleration
· Drives product forecasting week-by-week to sales leadership
· Support the core team and partners in opportunities where sales expertise on HCI is required
· Work with peers across Business Units to gain their support in the partner selling motion
· Work with marketing team to review plans and drive pipeline creation and acceleration activities
· Mentor partner sellers so they can drive HCI sales on their own
· Develop communication for executive reviews
· Demonstrate excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills, and experienced in communication at the executive level
· Be a trusted advisor to the planning community
· 10+ years experience in sales and sales strategy
· Solid expertise in hybrid cloud infrastructure, including HCI, Storage and/or Virtualization markets
· Understanding of subscription and SaaS sales motions
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of core selling requirements and challenges and be able to bridge them to the partner selling motion
· Proven experience of building and running sales programs
· Deep understanding of the channel and the various partner types
· Ability to drive proven sales plays
· Demonstrates strong motivation, drive, and has strong business ethics
· Efficient and effective at building relationships with VMware core sellers, inside sales, partners, and marketing teams
· Ability to engage, excite, influence, and oversee both partner resources and direct/indirect VMware resources
· Ability to interact and communicate with various levels in the organization from individual contributor to senior executives.
· High energy and comfort working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
· Self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108070