Channel Manager - Security Business Unit - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,London
Channel Manager - Security Business Unit – UKI
The Channel Manager (SBU) is responsible for building and maintaining a profitable and effective Carbon Black’s partner eco-system within the United Kingdom & Ireland. The role will include identifying suitable partners independently and in conjunction with VMware’s appointed distributors and then recruiting, enabling, motivating and ensuring they are “revenue ready” and able to articulate VMware Carbon Black’s solutions and value, along with the wider VMware portfolio, resulting in successful sales execution and account wins.
Why You Matter
Working within the SBU EMEA Channel Sales Team, you will be responsible for building a solid solution/product understanding, sales and technical competencies and an effective sales plan with the partners you on-board. You will also maximize VMware Carbon Black’s available resources to position both VMware Carbon Black and the Partner for success leading to successful sales wins in new accounts and cross sell opportunities to existing accounts.
As part of a sales pursuit team, the Sr Partner Sales Specialist will work closely with sales, marketing, VMware PBMs and product management to pursue leads, demonstrate VMW CB’s product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the power of VMware Carbon Black solutions. The Sr Partner Sales Specialist is the primary resource for all VMware SBU’s partnering related activity for UKI, from time to time you may be asked to support specific initiatives outside of this region but these will be limited.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside and in conjunction with the aligned field/inside sales representative to pursue new business and partner led opportunities and support all aspects and phases of the VMware Carbon Black sales process
- Work closely with the regions VMware distributors to profile, recruit and motivate to sell the VMware CB suite of solutions
Formulate appropriate Distributor business plans and attend distributor QBR’s.
- Create, in conjunction with the SBU EMEA Channel Sr Manager, a UKI Channel business plan and ensure updates are documented.
- Evangelize and demonstrate VMware Carbon Black's products to partners via presentations, product demos and evaluations
Regularly update channel partners on VMW CB’s evolving solutions, go-o-market strategies and partner commercial and marketing programs
- Work with the local Pre Sales team to arrange technical training and “boot camps” for partners
Work with partners to promote VMW CB solutions into their client base and engage and ensure partner is aligned with VMW CB’s field sales team.
- Ensure partner maximize all the VMW CB resources available via our partner portal.
- Drive marketing and sales campaigns to/through and in conjunction with partner to create qualified pipeline.
- Assist in RFI and RFP responses
- Create suitable spiffs and motivational incentives to capture mindshare at partner sales per and management level.
- Document partner evaluation results in SFDC
- Enable partner to a position where they are able to deliver Professional Services on VMware Carbon Black technologies
- Ensure SFDC is updated with appropriate contacts and manage and drive deal registrations via the Partner Connect portal.
- Have used SFDC before would be useful
- Travel within UK and Ireland
What You’ll Bring
- Significant understanding in the Security partner community.
- Have a broad experience and exposure to Security technologies.
- A broad network of relationships within the reseller, SI and MSSP community.
- A proven track record of partner development and seeing partner through to delivering revenues to vendors
- A solid sales career and able to demonstrate success and achievements against quota and business objectives
- Have experience in working in a 2 tier sales model
- Successful sales experience in distributor or a security vendor.
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practice.
- Security sales experience.
- Security VAR and MSSP partner relationships a plus.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108350