Account Executive - Tanzu Labs Sales WEST
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new exciting Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers’ entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
You are a high-energy, services sales professional who can identify and strategically consult with customers on our Tanzu Labs Services (fka Pivotal Labs) and Tanzu product opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business as well as maintain and grow relationships with existing accounts working in conjunction with other VMware Sales Executives, Office Directors and Platform Architects. You have broad responsibility for the overall health and sales performance of a growing territory of defined accounts. Come to a dynamic team who works to challenge each other and continuously learn.
Tanzu Labs has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using our Tanzu Labs Services and our Tanzu portfolio of modern application platforms. Our team is growing rapidly as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Interacting with C-Level and VP-Level Executives, you will be driving the digital transformation strategy for our Enterprise customers. You will be charged with identifying and collaborating on the Pivotal Labs implementation plans for our customers journeys with VMWare. Each customer may have a different entry point for their journey with Tanzu and Labs, but you will play a central role in developing the plan to help our customers drive the outcomes they desire and gain the most benefit from our process and software.
- Work with other VMware Sales Executives, Office Directors and Platform Architects to drive the Tanzu Labs Services value proposition into our Enterprise accounts
- Assist in the preparation of pre-work, scoping and contracts for Tanzu Labs Services engagements
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by our products and services
- New logo acquisition/working with existing customers to introduce and expand our application and platform services within your assigned market territory
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue/ retention rates for specified key accounts
- Represent VMware with integrity, maintain an industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences
Required Skills / Experiences
- Consistent high performance against sales quotas driven by C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contact
- Experience using a consultative or advisory based sales approach in a complex enterprise sales environment
- Experience selling application development services supporting custom built software
- Innovative and creative thinker who can work independently and leverage resources wisely to meet objectives
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Application Lifecycle Development Processes in large enterprises
- First-hand experience selling Software Development consultants and/or Cloud Application consulting
- Partner / Systems Integrator management skills
- Proven ability to assess and disqualify customers/opportunities under minimum guidance and high pressure
- Driven to assist customers in making the right decisions which will drive the optimal outcomes - even if it results in elongating the sales cycle
- Values and practices empathy with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Bonus: we are actively looking to bring on new leadership who is passionate about creating diverse and inclusive communities
- Portuguese and English speaking and writing fluent, Spanish as an added bonus.
If you are passionate about this opportunity but don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107834