To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Global Account Executive, PwC
Primary Location: Los Angeles, California
Additional Location(s): Los Angeles, California
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware’s largest customers. These premier accounts are managed by a team of experienced Global Account Executives (GAE) with the objective to establish a significant VMWare footprint in the largest and most influential corporations worldwide. Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
The Global Accounts Executive will have principle responsibility for VMware sales to the most significant accounts within the VMware customer base. The individual in this role will be responsible for overall account management including the creation and execution of the strategic account plan, goal obtainment and revenue growth. The GAE takes a consultative approach to selling and works toward a trusted advisor status serving as the executive contact across the customer on behalf of VMware, communicating VMware’s unique value. Leads overall account strategy and matrix management of sales, specialist and partner resources to ensure value-added benefits and deeper/wider reach into the customer. The GAE is responsible for taking share from our competitors.
- Consultative: Able to identify the customer's pain points and needs then suggest solutions to satisfy those needs
- Business Acumen: Able to become the expert on the customer’s business, value drivers, organization, and industries
- Challenger: Able to push the customer's thinking through a value-centric conversation educating them on new ways our solutions can provide benefits to their company
- Innovative: Adapts communication and influencing styles to suit different audiences and capable of introducing new ideas or methods internally and to the customer
- Financial Acumen: Knowledge & understanding of customer's financial situation along with the ability to discuss customer's outcomes in financial terms. Understanding of budgets, costs and price required.
- Negotiator: Does not simply sell on price but negotiates value to outcomes; Understands the legal and contractual implications of the negations as well as financial.
- Executive Presence: Possesses a blend of temperament, competencies and skills that empower the ability to command a room and hold business-led conversations at the C- level
- Globally-Minded: Understands the global aspects and cultures surrounding their customer and the various countries in which they operate
- Adaptable: Adapts to changing circumstances and accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Collaborator: Excels at working collaboratively with their team, peers, supporting resources, partners, management and the customer
- Strong Communication practices & Skills: Ability to write and speak in a way that clearly articulates a point of view; Understands how to involve all levels within the company (internal and external) with consistent, appropriate manner
- Sets the global account strategy that drives new VMware revenue through the ownership and implementation of an actionable, business-outcome based account plan
- Oversees and implements business case & value selling strategies which align the customer’s needs, up to the Board/C-Suite, to VMware solutions and services including the development of business cases with specific metrics & ROIs identified
- Manages tactical business while investing in larger, longer term strategic opportunities
- Constructs and sells large multi-product, integrated solutions and services utilizing strategic partnerships which drive business outcomes
- Maintains high touch and trusted advisor status with the customer establishing trust
- Maintains operational command of the business through forecast accuracy and demand generation
- Act as an inspired leader for a large extended team of virtual resources to ensure consistent and effective team engagement and ensuring optimal usage of resources across management, supporting and partner organizations
- A minimum of 10-years of experience in technology sales with increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years of experience as a Global/Strategic Account Manager
- Established and referenceable relationships with key contacts in designated account(s)
- Documented track record of proven success
- Proven experience managing in a matrix work environment
- Comfortable working with C level executives at Fortune 500 companies and building necessary business relationships throughout the organization
- Familiar with Target Account Selling or another established sales methodology a plus
- Knowledge of all facets of compute technologies
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-31
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2010051