Intern (MBA) - Business Transformation & Automation - Intelligent Automation (Summer 2021) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Washington
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Role and Responsibilities
VMware is seeking an intern to join its Business Transformation and Automation (BTA) team. This is an opportunity to join a team that drives digital transformation for VMware by partnering with business teams to enable operational excellence and unleash VMware’s full potential.
We are a core group of professionals who help setup Digital Workforce across business functions, automate manual processes with Intelligent and Robotic automation, and save time, effort and costs for business functions. We are building a continuous improvement mindset by connecting process excellence (BPM) and automation that helps to identify the problem, optimize, automate, and measure the value realization.
- Develop a keen understanding of the Intelligent Automation software ecosystem, full life cycle delivery of Intelligent automation solutions and capabilities and develop an ability to evaluate and perform fit analysis for Intelligent Automation opportunities.
- Activities include partnering with technology and business teams to evangelize intelligent automation, lead innovation, selecting the right technologies, providing digital process automation solutions, and leading the execution to implement the solutions.
- Work with business, IT and operations partners to identify, implement and maintain intelligent automation solutions using RPA, AI/ML and other emerging technologies.
- Help design and delivery of robotic and intelligent automation solutions by understandings business challenges and developing innovative solutions using RPA, AI/ML, NLP, OCR, Chatbots and other emerging technologies capabilities.
- Help coordinate with process owner and business teams to understand the as-is business process to design the intelligent automation solution and documentation of the solution.
- Help ensure the quality of the solution is acceptable by performing thorough testing and ensuring that best practices, design standards, policies and procedures are followed.
- Lead innovation by conceiving foundational capabilities that will deliver TCO and speed to market reduction. Lead the solutions strategy resulting finally into a viable product and value demonstration.
- Be aware of current and future market and technology developments inside and outside of the Intelligent Automation space through offerings, white papers, blogs, upskilling and learning opportunities.
- Summarize, create presentations, and present initiative-specific key findings, performance and recommendations to Senior and Executive Leadership.
Specific technology areas you will focus on can include:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Automation platforms
- Intelligent Document Processing, Intelligent Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and Process Mining
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Chatbots and Digital Agents
- Business Process Management (BPM) – Desirable/Optional
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1st Year MBA student with an undergraduate STEM degree
- 3-5 years’ experience working at a top management consulting firm, investment banking firm, private equity firm or technology company in a product management/product development role
- Demonstrated passion for technology landscape and deep understanding of key industry trends
- Exceptional analytical abilities and data driven decision-making
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills: demonstrated ability to develop relationships and build credibility with senior executives
- Hands-on experience with technology from prior work experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills in a team setting where team members are not direct reports
- Proven experience of delivering enterprise automation solutions involving BPM and RPA for mid to large enterprises by leveraging industry leading platforms.
- Operational Excellence approaches and methods (Lean agile delivery, DevOps, Lean thinking, Process excellence, System & Management Thinking).
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is available to currently enrolled MBA-level students only. The internship is 12 weeks during Summer 2021.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2010661