Member of Technical Staff 3 - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
A tightly knit and fast paced team, NSX Intelligence develops a distributed analytics engine that gives customers real time, actionable insights into their NSX deployments. NSX Intelligence is focused on security, with Intrusion Detection, Distributed Firewall, recommendation, and network visualization being some core features. However, we’re developing with the bigger picture in mind, and we aim to be the go-to NSX analytics engine for customer’s security, trouble shooting, monitoring, and other needs.
The NSX Intelligence team is growing fast and looking for engineers who share our passion for innovation in the fields of network security, distributed systems, machine learning, and big data visualization to name a few. You’ll be working with technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, Apache Druid, Redis, MinIO, Java Spring, and more in order to enable our customers to better protect their networks against threats, deliver granular network analytics, and gain datacenter–wide visibility.
You will work on advanced networking and security product features with the opportunity to work along with unique engineers and researchers in NSBU who have contributed heavily to the networking world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, documentation of system architecture from scratch with minimal set of requirements.
- Participate in the full product development life cycles.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to execute product goals.
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best.
- Provide technical leadership to other team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion.
- MS or PhD in computer science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications.
- Solid knowledge of OOP concepts, object/data modeling, and data structures.
- Deep working knowledge of Java.
- Background in Relational Databases, and NOSQL Databases.
- Experience with Spring and SpringBoot (nice-to-have).
- Exposure to firewall and end-point security concepts (nice-to-have).
- Exposure to virtualization technologies, centralized networking, SDN, and security management.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-12-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2019255