R2010622 Intern - IT Application Development - Member of Technical Staff- Opportunity for working remotely (Open)
Primary Location: Los Angeles
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As an intern in the VMware Commerce and Finance Engineering Group, you will support VMware R&D functions with platforms and systems capabilities. In addition, we are transforming our software delivery practices bringing in greater agility. We also use the latest technologies to deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
As an intern:
- You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You have strong technical programming skills and can easily switch between programming languages including Java, Python or Shell scripting
- You enjoy working with some of the best engineers, architects and learning from them
- You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (rising Senior) in Engineering or Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Interest or exposure to software development life cycle with Java and Spring framework
- Micro Services APIs Design and Development
- Interest in designing, analyzing and solving large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Knowledge of containerization and cloud services frameworks.
- Strong commitment to writing high quality code.
- Good presentation Skills
- Open source code contributions
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku or similar
- Experience in monitoring of cloud-based systems
- Experience in ERP packages like SAP, Oracle EBS etc.
- Established experience in public speaking at user groups, conferences etc.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Spring Developer certification
This position is open to a candidate in the US – Home Office.
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017535