Senior Manager, Customer Success - EUC - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
The Senior Manager of Customer Success will have responsibility of leading a new team of Customer Success Specialists (CSS) that will provide technical guidance for VMware End-User Computing (EUC) customers. The objective is to ensure that our customers achieve rapid time-to-value, as well as rapid adoption. You will have strong EUC technical skills that will support and guide the team as they help customers in achieving their EUC Workspace ONE use cases. This is a Senior Manager level leadership role and will report into the Senior Director, Customer Success.
- Recruiting staff, training and developing top consulting talent for EUC products and technologies that make up the Workspace ONE platform. This includes hosted virtual desktop, identity, and mobility management.
- Coach and motivate the team to ensure high productivity and teamwork.
- Establish credibility, develop and maintain effective relationships between the CSS team and other business units/functions
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the team including (but not limited to) training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Communication management and primary driver of the business cadence with stakeholders within assigned geography /region / territory
- Manage and work with other managers within assigned geography if required
- Clearly communicate with upper management any risk areas; create risk mitigation plans
- Interface with other internal teams to prioritize projects based on the resources available, business priorities and need
- Build and maintain inclusive work environment with high level of trust and psychological safety
- Understand the competitive landscape and the impact to the solution
- Hands-on working knowledge of identity and access management, mobility, networking, monitoring, security, performance, HA/DR, databases.
- Hands-on experience with Horizon Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, including sizing guidelines, administrative best practices, end-user experience, and ideally, hosted desktop environments.
- Expert knowledge of Identity and Access Management, including experience with Single Sign-On (SSO) and industry-common SSO standards (e.g. SAML, OAUTH, OIDC, WS, or similar).
- Technical knowledge of various MS Windows operating systems and database solutions including scripting with PowerShell, VBScript, registry hacking, automated deployment techniques, and driver integration
Education and Experience
- Preferably 5+ years of recent delivery experience in the IT industry, with enterprise software, hosted services, virtual desktop infrastructure, identity management, mobility management.
- Experience in delivering and effectively managing high volume, short duration engagements
- Excellent people management skills - communication, teamwork, and leadership
- Ability to coach and motivate team members for their ongoing career growth
- Proven success leading projects in fast-paced, growing-organization environment
- Strong cross-functional organizational skills
- Executive Presence and proven ability to communicate professionally with executive teams, internally and externally, with customers and partners, including CXO-level ability to manage stakeholder interests and navigate customer organizations to ensure successful technical engagements.
- Understanding of how technology is impacting business & IT value propositions for customers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Industry knowledge of cloud technologies, virtualization, and end-user computing.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Services Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102786