Global Enterprise Consulting Architect
Primary Location: Madrid
The global VMware Professional Services (PS) Organization drives and influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PS team is dedicated to the success of our customers and their digital strategies. The PS team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing and delivering against their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution that meets their defined business outcomes.
As a global Enterprise Consulting Architect, you will be the technical design authority of complex transformational deliveries across our customers globally. The role will require strong architectural leadership to build intimate knowledge of our customers and demonstrate broad technology expertise for VMware solutions and 3rd party integrated products. You will be asked to drive global solution designs and best practices across customer’s operating regions, engaging at many levels within their organization from CxO for strategic guidance to technical managers for operational excellence as well as internally at VMware to facilitate interaction with our product management and engineering units. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of Technical Skills, Business Acumen, and a strong bias for customer centricity.
The ideal candidate will be a solution level subject matter expert of the PS delivery consulting team acting as a role model at an architecture level and provide key input to pre-sales our largest multi-discipline bids. We will require a perfect communicator at an Executive level and experience working in non-hierarchical matrix global organizations both at customer and VMware, covering across all required areas such as support services, Customer Success or technical management.
VMware PS is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other and with our customers.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification and potentially non-Vmware specific but associated certifications via our ‘Take1’ initiatives.
- Acting as VMware’s Technical Design Authority - Single point of architectural ownership globally for the customer
- The role will take ownership globally of business outcomes of projects, lead technical project teams and take accountability for technology strategy.
- Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to customer technical decision makers and key senior project stakeholders and business leaders.
- Representing VMware based technology & services plus a broad high-level view across multiple related technologies and domains that support the customer’s solutions
- Engage with the customer and key internal stakeholders to scope and define new business opportunities in line with the customer’s strategic roadmap and industry standards
- Operate at C-Level within the customer clearly articulating technical and architectural decisions and direction at a business level
- Define and present a transformational journey to executive stakeholders incorporating ‘art of the ‘possible’ technical solutions with visionary change programmes.
- Responsibility for ensuring delivery alignment with customer strategic architecture roadmap
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose locally while aligning with global designs, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Maintain up to date high-level technical knowledge of the VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of your specialist area
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high-level enterprise designs in a global environment while functioning as an advocate for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of value management and optimise the requirements gathering framework to achieve the best balance between satisfied business needs and resources as agreed in the statement of works
- Speak at events such as VMworld, Sales Kick-Offs, Technical Summits etc.
- Drive the technical decision-making process (Architecture Design, Platform evolution, Technical Escalations, Technical needs):
- SPOC for technical escalations & needs with the different VMware technical teams.
- Leads VMware technical teams during Major technical incident (Crisis Management) and technical decisions.
- Manages Customer Global Technical Portfolio:
- Regional specific requirements and demand.
- Global Platform Delivery, Enhancements & Roadmap.
- Workload migration & on-boarding.
- Operational improvement.
- Global Architect Coordination (Customer SME, PS consulting architects & Business Units Architects)
- VMW technical lead at Customer steering committee (Biweekly)
- Demonstrated ability and delivery consulting experience in customer-facing positions as a Technology Architect Lead
- Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills with the ability to articulate options & ideas
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Superior organizational and negotiation skills
- Experience of working in a multi-dimensional and matrixed organisation
- Ability to influence external & internal decision makers and to anticipate challenges and take pro-active action to address
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to customer operating regions
- An active listener with excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with an ability to utilizes different styles of questioning techniques and manage conflict and objection handling
- Project governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to communicate complex technical topics to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Fluent English and Spanish
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
Desirable skills and experience
- VMware certifications
- Certifications in technologies related to Public Cloud provider (AWS, Azure…), Private Cloud, Virtual Infrastructure, Modern Applications, Digital Workspace and/or Systems Management
- A broad range of VMware SDDC / Cloud Solutions architecture & design experience in large environments
- Experience leading global transformation programs and working on a multi-cultural environment
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
- Author blogs, technical articles and white papers based on experiences
- Active participation in Vmware user groups or being a vExpert is a plus.
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program
- Work with a highly talented and motivated team that believes in succeeding together
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- Be part of “the next big thing” in the global technology industry
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working at Vmware fun!
mance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2014945