- Warren, New Jersey
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
This position defines the overall Dell solution for customers, assisting sales in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Research industry agendas aligning technology pressures to showcase Dell Technologies portfolio of solutions which align deliver business outcomes.
- Clear understanding of technology transformation agendas Security, Cloud, Workforce and Application
- Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed Dell Technologies solutions and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with key decision makers and influencers: from CxO level to enterprise architects to delivery.
- Develop a joint comprehensive portfolio of industry and application solutions.
- Establish a global engagement model to support
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with the broader account team, global services and partners in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Sales to create, maintain and communicate a federated account technology plan to the federated virtual team on a quarterly interval
- Develop and communicates competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign
- Participates in and contributes to key vertical industry forums
- Strong Industry experience - Telco, Retail, Manufacturing, FSI, Health and Energy
- 5+ yrs of enterprise sales engineering management experience with a Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to cloud architecture including virtualization and/or SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Understands how to develop and manage a portfolio of solutions
- Working knowledge of one of cloud architectures, agile application development frameworks and/or data analytics concepts
- Possesses hands-on ability in appropriate technology fields, for example business architecture, application programming, and infrastructure service delivery.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-driven personality.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Solid organizational and program management skills
- Consultative skills.
- Effective mentor and coach.
- Team leadership qualities
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Engineering Systems-Engineer Job ID: R038326
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.