Senior Solutions Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,Manila
Senior Solution Engineer - VMware/Tanzu
In Swahili, ’tanzu’ means the growing branch of a tree. In Japanese, ’tansu’ refers to a modular form of cabinetry. At VMware, Tanzu represents our growing portfolio of solutions to help you build, run, and manage modern apps. We help customers develop cloud-native apps and maintain existing apps side-by-side, on the same enterprise-grade platform on any cloud.
Ready to build? So are we! Join VMware’s exciting new Tanzu team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run, and manage their most valuable applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customer’s entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
If you have strong problem-solving abilities, are able to work both at high and low levels of detail, have experience architecting large-scale enterprise applications, and have exceptional communication skills, then this is the role for you.
A Solution Engineer is an expert in the software development lifecycle, working closely with sales specialists in addressing customer needs for building, deploying, and running modern applications. The role is a customer-focused, hands-on technical expert working alongside other technical experts within VMware and positioning the Tanzu product and services portfolio.
- Present VMware Tanzu vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management. Capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of VMware Tanzu solutions within strategic accounts and partners throughout pre-sales and post-sales collaboration
- Qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for customers.
- Configure and document VMware Tanzu software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Lead the completion and execution in RFxs and POxs and complete all required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware Tanzu products.
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients. Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud-based architectures.
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
- Conversant, with hands on experience across Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker & Cloud Native Application development platforms.
- Continually contributes to the knowledge in the Solutions Engineer organisation to meet current and future business needs.
- Participate in, and contribute to sales forecast and pipeline reviews
- Reviews account penetration strategies for critical accounts.
- Leverages knowledge of VMware Tanzu competitive solutions to effectively position a VMware Tanzu solution and prepares the sales organisation for customer objections.
- Drives consistency of approach and ensuring best practices are applied across in all customer opportunities.
- Builds and maintains senior customer relationships and acts as the escalation point for major technical issues.
- Provide feedback to R&D on Tanzu product/solution needs to meet customer requirements
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Experience in using Docker, Kubernetes or container orchestration
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, Terraform or relatedautomation/orchestrationtools
- Experience in software selling promoting devops and/or development tools
- Clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- VMWare vSphere/ESXi/ESX, OpenStack, Azure, GCP or AWS (leveraging EC2, EBS, S3 etc.) experience
- Experience in network administration, production database support or website support
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required
- Knowledge and experience in Datacenter Operations
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Comfortable in Java (or equivalent languages), with significant experience with Java SE and Java EE
- Experience with the Spring Framework is a very strong asset
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vCOPS, Hyperic, etc)
- Experience in technology-related work, such as Application Development, Engineering, Pre-sales Engineering or as a customer-facing Consultant
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate within a matrix organisation and influence senior leadership
- Track record of actively participating in large, complex sales engagements with relationships with C-Level Executives.
- Comfortable with presenting, and engaging large audiences at conferences, and past experience a plus
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies.
- Decisive, results and execution orientated with demonstrable achievement of success
- Proactive communication style, with proven ability to build trust and respect from a team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
- Executive level business acumen which enables you to serve as a thought partner with customer.
This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2104134