Consultant, Data Archive Engineer
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Ohio, United States; Remote - Wisconsin, United States
Data Archive Engineer
At Dell Technologies we are enabling the next data decade for our businesses and customers. With some of the biggest data implementations in the industry, the Dell Digital Data team is constantly reimagining and innovating the way data is consumed and enabled.
In this role we are looking for individuals who are passionate about data and the possibilities of leveraging it to power intelligent, insightful and impactful outcomes. You will be working with some of the best minds and talents in the data space including business stakeholders, architects, application teams, privacy, security, governance etc. We believe in empowering our teams and leaders to take end to end ownership of the outcomes with the highest focus on quality, stability, security and customer satisfaction.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Data Archive Engineer on our Data Engineering team in Round Rock, TX.
What you’ll achieve
The Data Archive Engineer will be part of a team that will be responsible for maturing Dell’s capabilities around programmatically archiving and purging data, to align with security and privacy requirements as well as opportunities to optimize business processes and infrastructure usage.
- Work with application SMEs and business stakeholders to identify entities for archival and any dependencies to be considered when defining archive and purge rules
- Configure Informatica ILM to connect to legacy application databases
- Build retirement and reporting entities per requirements for each application database
- Set up corporate retention rules, per the security and privacy policies and application retention rules, per the business requirements
- Configure legal and audit holds in ILM
- Work with the application teams to create and manage schedule/calendar for archive and purge jobs, and work with those teams to execute the jobs
- Create reports from Informatica ILM to provide visibility to application teams, business stakeholders, and executive leadership.
- Play a supportive role working with the Infrastructure team for general Informatica ILM administration activities, including to ensure environments are maintained, software upgrades are completed as required, and ILM application issues/tickets get resolved.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Tools: Secure Data Archive, Database Platform Experience: MySQL, SQLServer, Sybase, Oracle, Database Scripting/Development: SQL, PL/SQL, Scheduling Tools: Autosys, DBMS_JOBS
- OS: UNIX/Linux shell scripting, Reporting Tool Experience: Power BI, Crystal, Biz Obs, etc.
- Experience gathering/validating technical and functional requirements with customer, reviewing data/testing results with customer, data modeling or reverse engineering data models
- Understand Dev and Test process E2E, BI/Data Analytics Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering or Master of Computer Applications
- Experience in working in Agile (SCRUM) Methodology
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R097527