Consultant Kubernetes Platform Engineer
Primary Location: Remote - Texas, United States
Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Michigan, United States; Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Utah, United States
Consultant Kubernetes Platform Engineer
As part of the Dell Digital Cloud Platform team, you will be working with a team of highly talented engineers across our global regions in providing scalable, reliable, and secure Container (Kubernetes) platforms to Dell Application and business teams. You will be mainly responsible for the platform engineering, design, build, and operations of the Enterprise Container (Kubernetes) platform by working with our Infrastructure teams.
Join us as a Consultant Kubernetes Platform Engineer on our Software Engineering team in US to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Take the first step towards your dream career
- Design, Build Kubernetes platforms by working with our IaaS (Compute, Storage & networking) teams
- Create automation, employ open-source software, interact with APIs, and enable CI/CD to create new cloud features, harvest/visualize metrics, monitor health/performance/capacity, etc.
- Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently and in a virtual team setting.
- Assist development teams to migrate applications to Enterprise Container (Kubernetes) Docker-based cloud platform
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Total 10+ years of strong working experience in Infrastructure design and build; Linux/systems Engineering and strong expertise in networking and storage domains
- Proven expertise in Cloud building blocks - compute, storage, network, tools & automation
- Solid Linux experience, experience with DevOps tooling such as Puppet, BOSH
- Experience in VMware ESX, storage technologies, and network technologies is a must
- Strong Cloud configuration automation (Ansible, Terraform, , etc.) experience
- Strong knowledge about SDN networking, load balancing, DNS solutions, ex F5, nginx, avi networks, haproxy, etc..
- Solid knowledge of monitoring tools and fine-tuning alerts on Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic search
- Experience with Mesos DC/OS, Rancher, and Docker Swarm is an advantage
- PaaS oriented deployment and implementations using Cloud Foundry is a plus
- Scripting/programming skills (python, ruby, bash, PowerShell, etc.), coding against APIs (REST) and manipulating structured data (JSON, XML, etc.), build and CI/CD tools (Gitlab, concourse, etc.)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R106018