Dell Partner Software Outside Sales Specialist
- Remote - Massachusetts, United States
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Outside Sales - Channel Sales employee?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Relationship Oriented
- Effective Communicator
Outside Sales Specialist III Job Description
Dell is hiring and we are looking to grow our Dell Team for Outside Sales Product Specialist III (Partner Software Solutions). Positions are in the field and will be remote.
If you have a strong sales and technical background in building relationships and a true passion for selling and acquiring new accounts to provide best solution for our customers…We would love to hear from you!
The Job Description:
• Proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by providing subject matter expertise and by using higher complexity product and services lines to create solutions.
• Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed.
• Attains volume objectives.
• Refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
• Usually assigned an overlay or shared quota.
• Deployed against qualified opportunities.
• Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
• Understands and communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution.
• Recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
Overview of Daily Tasks:
• On site customer visits
• Daily communication with inside and outside team members
• Email Management and correspondence
• Sells multiple LOBs and/or high-end services (e.g. after point of sale, warranty tags, break fix, managed/professional services.)
• Sells to a small number of medium to large accounts, or owns small to large size accounts in a specified territory
• Will typically deal with more than one decision maker unless dealing with multiple small/medium business owners across a broader account set.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Uses thought leadership to build customer relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services
• Coaches others in closing complex deals and assists others in keeping up-to-date on Dell’s technology, products, and services.
• Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding
• Organizes internal/external resources in response to customer needs.
• Articulates how the Dell business model relates to selling Dell products and services.
• Key point of contact for customer but may escalate customer issues/concerns as appropriate.
• Works with minimal direction.
• Work is guided by sales objectives
• Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
• Provide guidance, direction and subject matter expertise to lower level representatives.
Experience and Skills Required
• Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience
• 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Knowledge of technical products, vendors, and families of technologies.
• Oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership
· Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
· Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
· A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
· Exciting internal career opportunities
· A commitment to diversity and inclusion
· Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
· An individual professional development plan
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives?
Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at DELL Careers . Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package. Please visit the About Dell section at www.dell.com for more information.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
Thank you for your interest in Dell!
Job Code: D05630
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Massachusetts Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.