Engineering Technologist Cloud and DevOps
Primary Location: Remote - Texas,
Remote - Massachusetts, United States
Engineering Technologist, Cloud & DevOps
From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material and processes. It’s a fascinating field of work. We’re involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure our products always lead the way. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as an Engineering Technologist in the Dell Technologies Office of the CTO.
Dell is looking for a senior technologist with advanced expertise and experience in Cloud architecture, development and operations technologies, platforms, tools, methodologies, and standards.
The Engineering Technologist Cloud & DevOps will be responsible for helping to develop technology strategies for Dell that address the demands of Cloud system designers, developers, and operators, and to help our enterprise customers exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role has significant work experience in Cloud architectures (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, FaaS, etc.), solutions and operations. The candidate has significant work experience in executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices, DevOps methodologies, and automated software delivery pipeline based on technologies like Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc. Additionally, the ideal candidate has experience with data bases, data management tools and the development of data analysis oriented applications.
The candidate should have a leadership mindset, solid operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve. She/he must also showcase exceptional communication skills, be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and highly innovative.
She/he will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies and generating intellectual property.
She/he will lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Her/his insights will influence product architecture and definitions. And she/he will work with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
- Be a lead member of the Dell CTO Office’s Cloud Strategy team which is responsible for the development of Cloud Strategy recommendations to senior leadership
- Be an Internal expert on Cloud and Edge architectures, infrastructures, services and solutions and the ecosystem of technology providers
- Directly support Dell’s Strategy, research, product divisions and marketing organizations
- Support Dell’s go to market organizations in engaging our Cloud and Enterprise customers to learn current and future market demands, document ‘user stories’ and craft winning proposals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field.
- Expert-level knowledge of Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery (CI-CD) / DevOps concept and tools
- Expert-level Software Development and Engineering knowledge
- Expert-level knowledge in Public and Private Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, Google, VMware, etc.
- Strong ability to identify emerging Cloud use cases and disruptive technology trends and respond with truly innovative technical and business approaches
- Strong knowledge in architecting and implementing Cloud applications such as Data Management, Data Analytics, Micro Services, AI/ML training and inference, Operational Dashboards, etc.
- Understanding of worldwide spectrum of cloud, data, and security regulations
- Proven track record of turning innovation into market-leading products, solutions, and services
- Proven record of working in big and small organizations on defining cloud transformation and driving business and technology strategies in an Enterprise/Principal Architect role
- Organized, goal-oriented technical leader to lead, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable Architecture peers and business partners
- Master of Science in Computer Science
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R074464