Senior Director, Systems Engineering - Enterprise Sales Planning and StrategyRemote - Massachusetts, United States 09/11/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as Director, Enterprise Presales Programs of our Enterprise & Specialty Presales function.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Presales Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
This leadership role directs the efforts of others in the achievement of strategic and transformational objectives. Oversees definition, analysis and recommendations related to business simplification. Acts as a subject matter expert, consultant, and “roll up the sleeves” tactician for the Presales executive team regarding short-term and long-term business opportunities. Responsible for leading cross-functional teams to deliver results on identified opportunities. Acts as resource for the leadership team.
- Manages the Global Presales Program function to ensure optimal alignment with key initiatives & priorities
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development & planning, performance & pay discussions of team members
- Promotes the organization's strategic vision and execution.
- Designs, develops and articulates project objectives, approach, hypotheses, data requirements and work plans aligned to business outcomes.
- Regularly makes presentations and recommendations to senior leadership team.
- Identifies and brings key strategic issues and opportunities forward in a clear and structured way to the senior leadership team.
- Develop the planning, project management, metrics, reporting tools to capture and communicate progress to senior management.
- Challenges the status quo and enables the team to break patterns of thinking and behavior.
- Packages deliverables in a clear and concise manner to help business partners make actionable decisions.
- Impact is on multiple functions or processes and typically has global impact transforming current process into industry leading practices
- Coordinates work efforts of multiple internal Dell teams and associated senior leadership teams to deliver business break through business results.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 7+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience) managing and leading high performing teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to quickly synthesize complex sets of data, develop understanding and pull out key insights
- Demonstrated strategic agility to react to evolving markets and corporate initiatives with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated capability of influencing others and driving for results
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely (both written and verbally).
- Have demonstrated ability of structuring and deploying projects including managing effective governance, project risk, and team building / coaching
- Strong stakeholder management skills with evidence of having worked with a diverse group of stakeholders including the C-Suite / Senior Executives
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play an instrumental role supporting our Enterprise & Specialty Presales team, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Sales Remote Job ID: R033983
Related Job Opportunities
- ISG Storage Technical Program Manager Massachusetts
- Software Principal Engineer--User Interface Technical Lead Massachusetts
- Senior Principal Systems Development Engineer - Hopkinton, MA Massachusetts