Federal Channel Account ManagerMcLean, Virginia 10/09/2019
Federal Channel Account Manager
Do you thrive in a complex, highly collaborative technology sales environment? Do you strive to sell for a consistent industry leader? If this is you, then “Think Dell!”
Are you a Channel Account Manager who has experience in solutions that span the full IT ecosystem— we want you to talk to you about joining our Federal Channel Sales Team. Our Sales Professionals have a passion for helping customers achieve transformational business outcomes using disruptive technologies and solutions from the edge to the core to the cloud.
Being part of Dell Technologies Sales means you will find stability, collaboration, and most importantly, a long-term, positive financial future with an amazing company culture.
What is our sales team’s secret to success? Apply today to learn more about the Dell EMC team of Dell Technologies!
The Account Manager's primary responsibility is for the sales and distribution of products and achievement of specific revenue objectives through alternate channels (e.g., third-party sales).
Develops and designs strategies and plans to support selling to indirect sales channels. Establishing and approving strategic plans and operational objectives for the channel sales organization. Partner and consult with Indirect Channels (Retailers, Wholesalers and Resellers) to implement channel sales programs to enhance Dells presence at partner’s point of sales.
What makes this exciting:
- Provides insight to senior leadership regarding consumer and market trends
- Approves joint sales programs with the channel partner to drive sales performance and ensure a strong and consistent Dell brand experience
- Oversees training of organization on needs and objectives of channels
- Establishes sales through indirect channels such as Value Added Reseller (VAR), Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Distributors, Dealers, Alliances, Partners or Retail
- Formulates and drives channel sales strategies and channel sales promotion campaigns
- Creates strategies and programs that drive increased revenue and market share for channel partners
- Defines and maintains channel agreements
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
- 8+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government personnel security clearance; active clearance preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Channel Account Manager on our Federal Channel Sales team in McLean, VA.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Outside-Sales Job ID: R039131
Related Job Opportunities
- Federal System Integrator Regional Sales Director Virginia
- Federal Strategic Programs Capture Manager Virginia
- Account Executive 4, Federal Business Development - Civilian Sales - Washington, DC, Virginia (Remote) Virginia