Telco Network Architect
Primary Location: Melbourne, Australia
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Telecom Network Architecture to join a growing team with a charter to sell, and deploy solutions to the rapidly growing 5G Telecom market segment
The Telco Network Architect role combines Telco industry knowledge and technical expertise, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to drive co-innovation and network transformation initiatives with Global Tier 1 Telecom Operators. The Telco Network Architect provides innovative thought, strategic guidance and technology expertise to enable new business opportunities. The Network Architect will lead client technical engagement and accelerate their transformation journey by positioning Dell Technologies Telco solutions and services capabilities.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Telco Network Architect in Melbourne .
You will become the Client’s Trusted Advisor by
- Leading technical aspects of new business development with Tier 1 Telecom Operators in Australia. Develop, propose and coordinate co-innovation projects in close alignment with the Telco BU strategic product & services roadmap and regional/account level client executives.
- Being an evangelist for the client’s specific business and technical issues and demands and translates them into architectures & solutions delivered by Dell Technologies
- Delivering compelling 1:1 Presentations and live demonstrations across Dell Technologies key portfolio offerings
- Driving the Technical Validation for all opportunities across key client contacts in architecture, operations and strategy. Working jointly with Dell Technology client executive and supporting Telco BU and Dell Technologies resources to drive closure of opportunities
- For Co-innovation and transformation programs developed for this client: Preparing technical architecture with any required related technical documents and collaborates with the Telco BU to develop an implementation plan, deliverables and schedule estimates
You will Become Trusted Advisor for the Telco BU
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with account teams, global services, Telco BU and partners in support of sales team objectives. Proactively alerting the aligned Dell Technologies Client Executive and other account team members of potential problems based upon knowledge of a proposed product solutions and the customer environment
- Act as the conduit for all technical architecture issues that arise in the account. Provide technical leadership across the company and partner teams, assuring quality, maximizing team output, across geographically dispersed teams with ability to maintain multiple streams of effort
- Works with cross-Dell Technologies peers to create, maintain and regularly communicate an account technology plan. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives, milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
- 10+ years of technical pre-sales and architecture experience for large enterprises and Telecom Operators working with global clients on multi-year Network/IT transformational engagements that scale over $50M+ in investment value
- 10 years in technical role, as an architect, R&D systems, product management and/or related area. Experience with 4G and 5G Networks including radio access network (RAN) technologies and solutions
- Strong technical background in Mobile Networks architecture include 3GPP core and radio access network. Working knowledge and direct experience with 5G 3GPP standard (Release 15-17) and 5G O-RAN Alliance and TIP architecture, ecosystem, market dynamics and solutions
- Comprehensive technical expertise in datacenter technologies from the Application to the Infrastructure levels, Virtualization, Cloud-Computing, Storage, Networking, IT Operations Management, etc.. Vertical expertise within the client’s industry is highly desired
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R089288