WW CoE DevOps Virtual Infrastructure Admin - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,Mexico City
VMware Professional Services Worldwide Center of Engineering (WW CoE) designs and builds integrations and automation of VMware and third-party products into complete solutions and develops additional capabilities to existing products. Our solutions frequently become the backbone of private and public clouds of global enterprises.
As part of the WW CoE organization, the DevOps Virtual Infrastructure Admin will have phenomenal opportunity to get a breadth of exposure to VMware’s latest products, extending and integrating them with various third parties building and managing the internal cloud and CI/CD pipeline used by the team to develop solutions.
What is a Typical Day?
You will be part of DevOps team responsible for design and management of the team hardware infrastructure and software stack providing the CI/CD pipeline for developing the customer solutions. In a typical day the candidate would triage the daily tasks related with immediate infrastructure problems; Uptime of the critical systems is top priority. A task-list with advisory on customer projects is the next one to take care of. There is then plenty of room for improvement and system upgrades and/or optimizations. Frequent one-to-one communication with developers from the team is a large part of the daily communication.
Day to day you would:
- Build, maintain and monitor our home brew test and development SDDC. Help us deliver CI/CD on top of the same cloud.
- Incident response via ticket system for variety of networking, storage and applications
- Help us building self-service like infrastructure automation for internal needs and its components.
- Support of CI/CD, wiki, ticketing (Atlassian suite)
- Build, support and maintain internal tools for deployment of the shared development infrastructure, such as content templates or custom automation services.
- Be ready to govern a very dynamic internal cloud infrastructure in collaboration with experienced system administrators.
- Strive to deliver any automation as a code.
- Contribute to and follow best practices in terms of information and configuration management.
- Participate and optionally manage regular reviews and continuous improvements.
What would you need to be successful?
- 6+ years of strong hands-on system administration experience with Linux/Windows operating systems, virtualization and IP networking (IP, TCP, DNS, NTP, IGMP, DHCP, firewalls, load balancers, and proxies).
- Experience with system engineering/administration/DevOps for product or custom software development.
- Experience with setting up and working with Cloud Native and DevOps technologies, principles and practices like self-service, source control management, declarative infrastructure and CI/CD.
- Experience with VMware technology – SDDC, vRealize, vCloud, or WS1.
- Experience with Bash/PowerShell and Python scripting.
- Experience with configuration management tools, one or many of the following: Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, and SaltStack.
- Very good understanding of web applications, protocols and technologies – primarily HTTP, REST, APIs and web services
- Experience in troubleshooting technical issues across the OSI layers.
- Comfortable working in distributed, multinational, and multi-cultural environments.
- Proven track record of customer management, ownership and advocacy for assuring customers’ success.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Autonomous, pro-active, and goal oriented.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both speaking and writing.
- Git, Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash), Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, and the VMware product suite.
- Experience with design, configuration, and management of large and complex data center infrastructure, systems, and operations.
What additionally would be helpful for your success?
- Solid understanding of the software development, testing and system engineering lifecycle, DevOps practices, Agile (Scrum, Kanban in particular) and waterfall processes and methodologies.
- Experience with product development/service delivery engineering teams would be beneficial
VMware Products References
https://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-automation.html - vRealize Automation
https://www.vmware.com/products/cloud-director.html - VMware Cloud Director
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2106715