Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools Automation
Primary Location: ,Remote - Mexico
Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools Automation
Remote - Mexico
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Advisor, Vulnerability Scanning and Tools Automation on our Cybersecurity team in Mexico to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The Vulnerability Scanning Automation Advisor will deliver secure automated scalable solutions focused on the vulnerability management workflow in an enterprise environment.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software solutions.
- Manage or utilizes software built and implemented as a solution, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, DevSecOps) and manages software infrastructure as code.
- Gather business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including usability studies. Enforce enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Create, modifies, and reviews technical and user documentation of software solutions.
- Drive idea generation for new software solutions or for the next version of an existing product.
- Responsible for the delivery of solutions within budget, schedule and quality guidelines. Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Modify software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs, adding new features or performance improvements. Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing solutions or produces new solutions.
- Develop secure solutions and remediates security findings within code and solution.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 4+ years of software development experience, 1+ years of information security experience.
- Strong experience designing, building, and maintaining secure Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Strong experience with Python and YAML programming and strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and frameworks.
- Experience with API programming and application/tool integrations.
- Experience with containers, PCF, and infrastructure as code.
- Experience with GitLab or other CI/CD software development lifecycle management application and DevSecOps development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- Able to code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications.
- Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
- Customer-oriented with a strong interest in customer satisfaction.
- Familiarity with several Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies and able to define and document how a specific Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance method will be used for specific projects.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R097543