SIEM Security Advisor
Primary Location: ,Remote - Mexico
SIEM Security Advisor
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location] to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
The SIEM Security Advisor serves as operational engineer for the technologies that the Network Security area of corporate Cybersecurity support. Ensures that all system components are maintained, updated, monitored, accessible, and available according to Cybersecurity standards; while partnering with other engineers in the evaluation, testing, and implementation of diverse solutions.
- Supervises maintenance of SIEM applications and environment and works across the various global IT teams and business units and coordinates resources to effectively perform maintenance and response tasks
- Successfully executes upgrades, enhancements and requests; presents incident response report and lessons learned to management; identifies and recommends process improvements and provides security control enhancement recommendations based on regulatory and best practice procedures
- Communicates and builds effective relationships with people at all levels and manages and drives to closure all Audit issues to the Incident Response and Management process
- Communicates and educates information security risks to end-users; designs and coordinates cohesive plans to enhance and upgrade the suitability of the SIEM environment; reviews, analyzes and resolves difficult and complex information security problems and develops new approaches and techniques for use by others
- Documents and communicates findings; creates, updates, and maintains internal architecture diagrams and security baselines; monitors the environment for failures and takes corrective action and attends internal and vendor training as required
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 2+ years of experience with logging technologies and Splunk
- 2+ years of direct experience in the field of cybersecurity
- Experience with O365 and Splunk integration
- Strong understanding of IT and Cybersecurity technologies
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SSL
- Experience with security processes and documentation
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related major; or equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Industry certifications relevant to the role such as: Splunk Enterprise Security Certified Admin or Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.Job ID: R102048