Senior Field Service Technician - Remote opportunity in Miami, FL
- Miami, Florida
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Field Service Technicia
At Dell Technologies, we take pride in providing our customers with a quality of service that more than matches the quality of our products. Our Field Service team is integral to making sure the service to our customers is seamless, responsive and focused. Taking our technical skills to customer sites, we’re responsible for everything from installation, configuration and integration, through to maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. Customers see us as a trusted liaison who can understand their precise needs on a host of admin and technical matters. We also work closely with our designers, solution managers and sales specialists to provide solutions.
Join us as a Service Field Service Technician on our Field Services team in Miami, FL area to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Field Service Engineer, you will apply technical expertise, peer collaborating, diagnosis tools and analytical practices to resolve customer issues, taking care of our customer IT operations by delivering outstanding on-site support.
- Conduct basic installation of technical solutions following predefined procedures and tasks in everyday activities
- Escalate technical issues to more senior level technical specialist and supports more senior level technical specialists in complex deployments
- Perform troubleshooting, parts replacement, system upgrades and deployments
- Establish and build positive customer relationships and assure complete customer satisfaction by adherence to the following: prompt onsite arrival time, technical expertise, knowledge of customer environment, professionalism and periodic visits as needed
- Perform part replacements as directed by the technical support lab. This includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation, part return within 24 hours of the event
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 2-5 years of professional technical work experience with an Associate's Degree or greater in a technical discipline
- Experience in a customer facing role and self-motivated your work with passion and enthusiasm
- Ability to lift to 30-60 lbs. when necessary
- Responsible for daily travel in a designated territory, be on call at select times, work Overtime hours, and have a reliable automobile to arrive at customer locations
- Have a sense of urgency, communicate effectively, and have a keen attention to detail
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Miami Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.