Sr Innovation Communications Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Miami,Florida
Minneapolis,Minnesota,USA; Salt Lake City,Utah,USA; Cleveland,Ohio,USA; Los Angeles,California,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Jersey City,New Jersey,USA; Charleston,South Carolina,USA;
Who we are:
VMware Office of the CTO’s (OCTO) mission is to create a future of disruptive technologies for VMware and enable a culture of perpetual innovation. We are thought leaders and trusted advisors who collaborate with our entire VMware ecosystem—co-innovating across the company and with technologists from academia, as well as with our customer and partner communities. We invest in people, nurture their ideas, and embrace acceptable risk. Obstacles don’t stop us. We run past them because shifts in direction can lead to new insights and innovations and to places we never would have otherwise gone.
We are seeking people with diverse skills who can bring different perspectives. Creative people who believe inclusion drives innovation. And most of all, people who can transcend limits and always keep their eyes on the future. This is how great advances are made, how contributions are valued, and how innovation thrives.
About this role:
You are a seasoned marketing-communications (MarCom) professional who can strategically and enthusiastically amplify innovation, impact, and culture stories that educate and inspire. Armed with creative and effective marketing and communication chops, you will support the OCTO organization, including the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) group, to tease out stories, develop messaging, and build and execute comprehensive communication plans for internal and external audiences. In this role, you carry the spirit of a startup operating inside a global company where you’ll draw on your diverse experience of cross-company collaboration. Ambiguity and complexity do not scare you. In fact, they give you fuel to flex your creative skills to simplify, reframe the challenge, or identify opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, you are a hands-on, empathetic problem solver with a systems-thinking mindset who can effortlessly zoom out to connect the dots and then zoom back in to identify immediate needs and take action.
You are ready to:
- Lead, manage and execute internal and external communications planning and campaigns, in a cohesive, organized, and collaborative manner
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, from R&D, Corporate Communications, Finance and Marketing
- Learn new technical and non-technical subjects matter quickly and translate to effective messaging for various audiences, helping to increase awareness, perception and critical actions
- Work with OCTO teams to develop content, gather stories and provide copy editing for internal and external channels
- Amplify impactful stories that matter through various formats, channels, written and/or visual mediums.
- Think holistically about how communication is connected to culture and reputation (internally and externally)
- Connect multiple levels of business priorities and organizational goals, to company long-term outcomes
- Roll up your sleeves and lean in to simplify complex processes or topics (without diluting the core messages)
You have the following:
- 10+ years of diverse MarComms experience, creating and leading comms channels within a complex business environment, demonstrating ability to adapt to new roles, new cultures, and new challenges
- A creative portfolio that shows mastery in written and visual communication
- Experience developing and executing thoughtful and strategic communications plans
- An appreciation and understanding of the power of storytelling for various audiences
- A knack for writing and posting effective content on social platforms
- Passion for technology and innovation of all forms, combined with sustainability and social impact
- Experience with information design (on web and PowerPoint, or other formats)
- Can quickly navigate various channels of communication and understand how to leverage each to maximize reach
- Understand how to adapt messaging to key stakeholders so it is compelling (VMware people, customers, investors, and broader community) and yields relevant actions.
- Collects and analyzes data to show reach, and derives insights from effective communication or marketing strategies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, while meeting various deadlines in a professional manner
- Comfortable learning new tools, self-motivated to take initiative, strong team player
- Exceptional organizational skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with many different personalities
- Beginner’s mind for learning, growing, and trying new things
- Bonus: has an eye for design and “what looks good”
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108137