Sr. MTS / Staff Engineer - Tanzu Platform Integration - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Miami,Florida
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new and exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
As a Senior member of technical Staff in the Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team you will be developing foundational platform features for application platform. It is a challenging role and provides an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the future of developer and application experience in Tanzu platform. You have strong product instincts along with have an appreciation agile and user-centered design (UCD) values, principles and practices. You are excited by the user and business value that technology can unlock. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing and synthesizing input from technical leads and enabling your team to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be a technical voice for the platform engineering team. The goal of this program is to bring consistency in the way we define policies, authentication, telemetry and other such constructs across the Developer and Application Platform.
You will be responsible for:
* Designing and developing platform features needed across the organization.
* Collaborating with other engineers on the team to achieve planned targets.
* Active involving in team-wide discussions about software best practices.
* Identifying issues, resolving bugs and writing high-quality engineering documentation.
* Working directly with engineering teams for different areas of VMware Tanzu portfolio
* Bringing clarity where there is uncertainty, manage risk and continuously deliver value.
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent preferred; demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and OO design required.
* 5+ years engineering experience, especially with large scale, distributed technical solutions
* Have prior experience in developing large scale systems.
* Exposure to container and Kubernetes technology, container-focused Linux distributions, and virtualization in the cloud.
* Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
* Strong communication skills and the ability to mentor others
* Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions
* Experience mentoring junior engineers.
* Strong familiarity with Agile development is desirable.
If you believe you are a great candidate for this position but don’t meet all the requirements, please do not hesitate to apply.
What’s it like to work at VMware
We believe that application development teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. We’re building platforms, tools, and automation, including Tanzu Application Service, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, and Tanzu Mission Control, to enable our customers to easily and confidently develop and run the software that powers their business. Hundreds of companies rely on our platform to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace Extreme Programming (XP) as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small and empowered teams. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102612