Sr Solutions Engineer, Cloud Management, Healthcare SoutheastAtlanta,Georgia 02/10/2020
The world of IT is in the midst of a great upheaval. While some are confused or struggling in the Cloud First world, VMware is surging on record growth across its security, cloud and mobility solutions. 2019 has been a great and to meet growing demand, VMware is hiring!
This position represents an opportunity to join our vibrant company and become part of the Pre-Sales Engineering team. This position is focused on VMware’s vRealize products www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-suite.html and will also cover our new SaaS based solutions like Wavefront https://www.wavefront.com/
In this role, cloud management represents two domains of equal importance – automation and analytics.
We strive help our customers deliver the self-service portals that will delight their end users. We educate them on the path to automating everything in the data center. Interested in Infrastructure as Code and Dev Ops principles? This space is for you. Understand, it’s not just VMs and Containers we are delivering but the security and networks to go with them via the software defined NSX stack behind uswww.vmware.com/products/nsx.html. You will learn new things on this team!
All this said, we know clouds can’t rely on old silos of traditional monitoring to be healthy at scale. That is why this team educates customers on the use of monitoring across data center domains traditional (compute, storage, network) and emerging (containers, serverless, PaaS). We teach that looking across silos is the best way to understand and anticipate the needs of the application and user. This is the other side of modern self-service. Smart dashboards and insightful reporting. On this team, you will need to understand Operations as it relates to building and supporting automated infrastructure and apps.
The majority of time, this team is in front of customers, educating them on the power of our solutions. When not with customers, supporting the extended team and staying in touch with the business units writing our software will be critical. Members of this team will also be responsible for educating other people at VMware, as well as our partners and customers.
- Evangelize VMware’s strategy driving product demonstrations to customer executives and technical leaders
- Provide expert technical support for opportunities involving VMware management and integration into existing management and monitoring systems.
- Lead Proof of Concept exercises for vRealize products in customer labs to validate solutions
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of peer and competitor products
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware Partner Field Organizations
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to VMware products in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures
- Document best practices & architectural references in developing and deploying VMware Cloud solutions
- Enjoy learning new things
- Be comfortable with change as an opportunity to thrive
- Distill complex solutions into simpler, visual chunks regular people can understand
- Have experience with IT automation and orchestration tools.
- Have Experience supporting large customers and/or teams practicing agile and continuous delivery is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure.
- Strong technical proficiency with both mainstream and emerging automation and configuration management solutions. Some examples include - vRealize Automation and Operations, Turbonomics, vCenter Orchestrator, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Openstack, Salt, Docker, Github, Kubernetes etc. You don’t need to know them all but a few is beneficial.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to customer meetings. Travel likely to be 50% of the time.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong listening and question based selling skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups.
- The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2020-02-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Systems-Engineering Engineering Job ID: R2001668