Technologies Service Management Senior Advisor - Remote opportunity in Chicago, IL
- Chicago, Illinois
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Technologies Service Management Senior Advisor
Remote opportunity in Chicago, IL
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technologies Service Management Senior Advisor in Chicago, IL.
Dell customers expect great things from both our products and our services. Account Services Management is all about managing and overseeing seamless service delivery processes. It’s a hugely varied field of work. Processes range from incident management to change management, from configuration management to customer management. The team makes sure disputes and technical issues are resolved. We also provide excellent communication to the customer around every activity – from the tactical to the strategic.
- Maximizes the value of the customer’s investment in Dell products and services throughout the end to end customer lifecycle. The TSM manages the account and it is the customer’s advocate.
- Acts as single point of contact for all support requirements as they pertain to the assigned customers’ environment
- Ensures effective ownership, communication, coordination, and facilitation of support service activities between the customer and support teams, account teams, field service personnel, and customers
- Requires a general understanding of and technical competence in data center technologies. A working knowledge in at least one of the following: Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC, Compellent, EqualLogic, blade technology and networking is essential
- Develops and coordinates proactive maintenance initiatives based on industry best practices and statistical data trends
- Identifies and leads continuous improvement activities in support of customer or internal business processes
- Leads complex service delivery processes, develops creative resolutions to complex problems, and ensures contractual support service deliverables are understood and managed effectively
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets statistical data and trends relating to service level and operational effectiveness
- 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with Senior Executive to CxO-level personnel
- Excellent presentation, communications, and interpersonal skills
- 4+ years enterprise experience with data center technologies such as Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC, Compellent, EqualLogic, blade technology and networking
- IT business process certifications (ITIL, Six Sigma, PMP, etc.)
- Technical certifications (MCSE, CCNA, Server+, etc.)
- 4+ years troubleshooting complex technical issues
- 4+ years IT infrastructure deployment experience
- 4+ years IT project management experience utilizing an accredited framework
- 4+ years vendor and maintenance management experience
- 4+ years data center management experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of outstanding account services, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Product-Services Global-Services Remote Job ID: R053352
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Chicago Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.