Member of Technical Staff -Software Engineer - Tanzu Observability - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Detroit
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Tanzu Observability by Wavefront is building an industry disruptive Log aggregation and Log search at Hyper-scale. This SaaS solution will be horizontally scalable, highly available, and multi-tenant. At its peak, system will be ingesting exabyte of logs a day and allowing queries in single digit seconds latency.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
How do you design and handle massive scale of data when you know that none of the "textbook solutions" will work?
We are looking for someone who would be interested in staying ahead of technology and strive to learn latest cloud technologies. As a Member of Technical Staff, you will design, implement and own key microservices for hyper logs. Come and help make history as we change the way enterprises handles logs.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You will design and implement critical microservices for hyper logs.
- You will own a component of product and ensure it productions readiness.
- You will be working on cutting edge cloud technologies.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- You feel comfortable writing software on one or more programming languages such as Java, Python and Go.
- You feel comfortable in building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems.
- You will be using cloud technologies as appropriate.
- You are familiar with Microservices Architecture.
- You have strong computer science fundamentals.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- You are self-starter and enthusiastic personality.
- You are able to work well both independently and as a team member.
- You will collaborate with product teams in defining product.
- You will collaborate with other engineers and ensure best engineering practices are followed in software development.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-12-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2018387